Hi Everybody

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have been absent for a bit. Lurking around. Things are improving and I am hoping to get back on track.

March 5, I was taken to the hospital, having lost feeling and use of my left leg. The pain was like nothing I have ever had. A blood vessel broke right by the nerve bundle for all the nerves for that leg. I spent four days in the hospital.

Short version. Since then I have been working to get back on track. Recent CT scan and EMG says I have a chance of getting it back. The nerves are regenersting.

I am self employed many years, so no disability. I have kept working as best as I can. I got pretty down about it.

I am making good progress now and determined to work it thtough.

When I last posted, I was shooting for 800 calories, which, obviously didnt work. DW,and I are trying Keto now with some results. It's not always easy to find good keto snacks and meals tend to be strange sometimes, however, we do have Bacon. LOL.

I will make my best effort to be more present and if anyone is interested in or doing Keto, let's swap experiences.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
PS - Many thanks to the folks that looked me up and wondered where I was. It helped a lot.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Good to see you back. Hope your leg continues to heal. I know thats no fun. I spent a week in the hospital in 2005 with DVT in my left leg, clogged veins. Took a while to get up and going again.

Jim

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Andy - that sounds rough. And scary!

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Get enough rest and don't push yourself too hard!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that sounds horrible. On the mend for 6+ months. :eek: I feel for ya Andy.
Good luck with your recovery and Keto diet.

Last we talked you were doing low carb and had lost a lot of weight. I thought you had hit your goal weight. Did you gain some back so now starting Keto? What is the major difference between Keto and low carb. I'm doing 'carb aware' which is 180 or less carbs a day. It makes me carb aware and it's not that hard to do.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Doc - Keto is high fat, moderate protein. Ypu get 25 carbs a day. Lots of cheese, and, BACON.

Docs are telling me that IF I get it all back it could ge a year or better. I'm working on it. If anyone has type 2, Keto is going wonders for DW. Yes, Doc, I put a bit back on. Laying around does that for me.

Thank you all for the well wishes. It d er finstely helps.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wishing you all the best Andy. Sure sounds like you are on the right track. Way to go. :clap: :thumb: