What's cooking NCT, Sunday 12/28/14 - Saturday 01/03/15?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made this quick & easy ham salad for sammies last night! :bbq::bbq3: :bonk:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 257

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Belated, finally Christmas celebration dinner this noon at the home of one of my nieces.

Roast beef, scalloped potatoes, broccoli walnut salad, dinner rolls, french vanilla ice cream and homemade strawberry jam Linzer cookies.

Everything was gorgeous.

Embryodad

Wife and Uncle had a chicken breast from the market. Mashed taters and corn.

I don't do that stuff....so I steamed a head of cauliflower, and ate 1/2 of it with a small bread and salami sammich.

It was really tasty. Tina made some kind of mushroom dip with cheddar cheese. Way Way too salty. The roof of my mouth is burned from it. Oh Well!

Wednesday, I plan on making a big pot of sauce with meatballs and sausage. Then I plan to make Braccioli to cook in the sauce too! Ummm!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got food @ a pub i frequent--
& 1 w/ my Mom, as well.

'cept fer that steak. i made that steak. here. in my 'lil kitchen.

Attachments

• 201newyearisherebaby!.jpg
    201newyearisherebaby!.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 203
  • MomMe2014.jpg
    MomMe2014.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 190
  • mommelunch2.jpg
    mommelunch2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 195
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Made a New Year dinner with 4 bird roast, roast potatoes, asparagus, carrot, red cabbage, bread sauce and gravy - followed by strudel.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made a New Year dinner with 4 bird roast, roast potatoes, asparagus, carrot, red cabbage, bread sauce and gravy - followed by strudel.

Okay, Ray, what is "4 bird roast" and "bread sauce and gravy"?

Lee

homecook

I made my first attempt at English muffins and decided to make Eggs Benedict with some added crab meat. They turned out pretty good......

Attachments

• 102_4156.JPG
    102_4156.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 102_4159.JPG
    102_4159.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 181

Embryodad

Meals all look awesome!

Supper ( so far ) was a salami slapped between a slice of bread, and a ham & cheese slapped between an stale Kaiser roll half. ate some olives that were in a deli takeout container; just to finish them up. DW and GD are at the airport picking up son and wife from Vegas. I guess they didn't win a thing, or they would be taking a limo home.

Maybe mommy Tina will pick up some grub on way home/?
No one felt like cooking today!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, Ray, what is "4 bird roast" and "bread sauce and gravy"?

Lee
Hi Lee

4 bird roast is like a turdurken - which is made from turkey, goose, duck and chicken. I order it from an online supplier and it is lovely with a really good taste.

Bread sauce is a sauce thickened with bread which is a traditional sauce here to go with poultry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_sauce

the gravy was separate from the bread sauce.

Saliha

I made cheese cake today with vanilla and orange flavored cheeses.

Unfortunately my new camera is still on its way to me, so no pictures yet...

:in_love: Anyways, its yummy.

Embryodad

Have no clue what to make for supper.

I was thinking of a shepherds pie, but Tina said I don't make it right!
She only likes it with mashed potatoes in the top layer.
I envision my recipe with sliced potatoes steamed before layered, and I prefer cheese layered in between, and on top!... ummm.

I just may make it using two 8x8 pans, and mashed for her, and sliced potatoes for me; and with lots of cheese in mine!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
asian order in food here. i got lo mein (beef), & blake got chix lo mein. we got crab rangoon, as well. yum.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we ordered in tonite. 5-cheese pizza & 'fries'. they weren't cut fries. they were yummy, tho. nom.

Last edited: