Texas Earthquake

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
:huh:still amazes me when it happens here!

From WFAA, Channel 8 news:

EULESS — - A minor earthquake shook parts of North Texas but no damage nor injuries had been reported.

Jesse Moore with the National Weather Service in Fort Worth said Saturday's earthquake at 11:24 a.m. came in at 3.3 magnitude, according to the National Earthquake Information Center.

Moore said he had not heard of any reports of damage nor injuries. Moore said the earthquake was centered about four miles south of Euless and 18 miles west of Dallas.

Robert Budack, who lives in Irving, told The Associated Press he was on his bed and got bounced to the wall, but was not hurt.

Budack said he felt an aftershock that "was enough to make the couch and chairs shake."

WFAA received calls from a dozen viewers in Euless, Southlake, Irving and Bedford who said they felt the tremor.

Karen Harrel in Bedford said the vibration caused picture frames to move on her wall.

An earthquake database maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey shows this is the first earthquake to be recorded this year within a 50-mile radius of Dallas-Fort Worth. There was a flurry of minor earthquake activity on Oct. 31 last year in an area south of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The biggest tremor at that time was recorded at 3.0 magnitude.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Wow! I dont expect earthquakes over in your area. I hear that there were a few big ones in Southern Illinois about 130 years ago.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
We have them more often than people realize, lol. It's just not big ones, so, they don't talk about them. They're sure nothing like California!! Ours are really mild.

Kei

I did not know we get earthquakes here either. I've never felt one since living here.

Fishbum

:huh:still amazes me when it happens here!

From WFAA, Channel 8 news:

EULESS — - A minor earthquake shook parts of North Texas but no damage nor injuries had been reported.

Jesse Moore with the National Weather Service in Fort Worth said Saturday's earthquake at 11:24 a.m. came in at 3.3 magnitude, according to the National Earthquake Information Center.

Moore said he had not heard of any reports of damage nor injuries. Moore said the earthquake was centered about four miles south of Euless and 18 miles west of Dallas.

Robert Budack, who lives in Irving, told The Associated Press he was on his bed and got bounced to the wall, but was not hurt.

Budack said he felt an aftershock that "was enough to make the couch and chairs shake."

WFAA received calls from a dozen viewers in Euless, Southlake, Irving and Bedford who said they felt the tremor.

Karen Harrel in Bedford said the vibration caused picture frames to move on her wall.

An earthquake database maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey shows this is the first earthquake to be recorded this year within a 50-mile radius of Dallas-Fort Worth. There was a flurry of minor earthquake activity on Oct. 31 last year in an area south of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The biggest tremor at that time was recorded at 3.0 magnitude.

I call BS on Mr. Budack! I've experienced thousands of earthquakes having lived in Alaska. A 3.3 is hardly noticeable and more akin to passing gas. I don't dispute that many felt that quake but not to that degree.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I call BS on Mr. Budack! I've experienced thousands of earthquakes having lived in Alaska. A 3.3 is hardly noticeable and more akin to passing gas. I don't dispute that many felt that quake but not to that degree.

Yeah. I lived in Japan for a year and had several occurrences when the bed was bouncing around on the floor in the middle of the night. No big deal.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It's gods way of tell you that it is time to really secede from the Union. Now I would love to see Texas survive without Federal money. :whistling: Now that was for the majority of Texas residents. :bonk:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Hey, I'm all for us leaving! So are a lot of Texans, lol Hell, even our Governor is talking about it.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

AllenOK

We get some small earthquakes here in OK as well. I'm not sure of the magnitude. I've never felt one here.

When we lived in Japan, well, they aren't kidding about the constant rockin-n-rollin. Many times we would wake up at night and all four walls would be going in different directions.

I think the earthquakes Sush was talking about were the New Madrid quake. That quake created Reelfoot Lake in TN. Mega Disasters (History or Discovery, not sure) did a show with a hypothetical New Madrid quake occuring in today's world. Folks, that one will not be pretty!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
It's gods way of tell you that it is time to really secede from the Union. Now I would love to see Texas survive without Federal money. :whistling: Now that was for the majority of Texas residents. :bonk:

Hey, I'm all for us leaving! So are a lot of Texans, lol Hell, even our Governor is talking about it.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

we had the same debate in Canada... Quebec wanted to go... we all said go..bye.. have a nice life.... but we are putting up borders and you must pay tolls...oh and yah ... you are no longer part of Canada...you get nothing..zip..nada...no federal help...nada...Still want to go?

as you can probably tell, Quebec is still a province in Canada..lol