Dinner 4 17 .....Run for the apron..

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
planning a roast, but that may change after I peek at what's in the Butcher's case...............:tiphat:

buckytom

Grill Master
along with my mexitalian chicken piccata i made last night, i was able to bread and fry a dozen chicken tenderloins that will become chicken fingers for my boy, and chicken parm for dw and i tonight.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I picked up some beautiful orange tomatoes yesterday. I also picked up some lump crab meat. Not sure what that will become yet, but I'll let you all know when I do...

I'm also making some kind of pork chop, still undecided about the direction I'm taking that. I'm going to make some sweet potato gnocchi as well.

I'm going to do the baklava for dessert I believe, unless I change my mind about that, too.

Can you tell I'm preoccupied today?? Having an open house tomorrow and all I can think of is 'declutter declutter'

along with my mexitalian chicken piccata i made last night, i was able to bread and fry a dozen chicken tenderloins that will become chicken fingers for my boy, and chicken parm for dw and i tonight.

You've gotta tell us more about the mexitalian chicken piccata. That sounds really good! I've got some sample super easy recipes on my cookbook's site at (edited by lefty) in case anyone is looking for an easy dish for dinner tonight. They are on the "Peruse" page. I'm all about simple and inexpensive.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Not quite sure about dinner yet. Lunch was healthy though, a few bites of sushi and some beet greens with bacon salt....

Attachments

• SDC11523.JPG
    SDC11523.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 111

GotGarlic

We have some friends coming for dinner, and it's a nice sunny day, so we're doing the season's first wine-butt chicken tonight. Two chickens with fresh herbs pushed under the skin and into a half-can of sauvignon blanc, grilled to perfection in 90 minutes. Sides will be twice-baked potatoes and green salad. Appetizers will be crostini with lavender-fennel-pollen goat cheese and roasted red pepper hummus. Guests are bringing dessert, so that will be a surprise.

buckytom

Grill Master
what kind of seefood are you feeling like, newn?

a shrimp, maybe, if the problems of the world seem so big?

a whale, maybe, if you feel bloated.

lol, maybe you can't make up your mind. you might be floundering...

Newnork1978

what kind of seefood are you feeling like, newn?

a shrimp, maybe, if the problems of the world seem so big?

a whale, maybe, if you feel bloated.

lol, maybe you can't make up your mind. you might be floundering...

Ha-ha! Being 9.5 months pregnant I think I associate more with a Whale than any other, right now...but when it comes to tonight's dinner, shrimp sounds like my best bet. Mmm! :yum:

High Cheese

Saucier
We drove up to Newark to a Portugese restaurant that does roasted suckling pig. So we had some pork (lol) came home and had the leftovers (more pork :D) along with some grilled sauseeeeege and iceberg wedges.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Had these marinating for the grill..................
RibeyeDinner002.jpg

......but when I went out to fire it up, it was just too nasty to be out there baby sitting those two heifers, so the Warden did 'em up in a grill pan...
RibeyeDinner005.jpg

Sides were a Baked Spud, veggies, Baked Bermuda Onion and a salad, which did not go unmolested before the camera shot...........

RibeyeDinner007.jpg