What's cooking NCT Sunday 9/24/2017 to Saturday 9/30/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
B/S Chicken, rice and steamed spinach for dinner tonight.

tigger_whats_on_the_menu__082517_P1030531.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast (seasoned and seared on stovetop in cast iron pan then finished in oven at 425°F convection roast), jasmine rice (mushrooms and onion (sautéed in butter till soft), rice, saffron and chicken broth), microwave steamed baby spinach and lemon pan gravy.

chicken_rice_spinach_092417_P1100248.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sunday night's dinner was kaesespatzle made with my speck, emmenthaler cheese, caramelized onions, and spatzle of course. Salad as a side with homemade 1000 island, mainly because we keep forgetting to buy some Marie's dressings.

Attachments

• 2017-09-24 19.07.38.jpg
    2017-09-24 19.07.38.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 130

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Our dinner tonight is a couple of small plates. The first was the last 2 pieces of a foie gras torchon I had made a while ago, with micro greens and a black pepper caramel. The second is ratatouille surrounded by escargot and toasts. We have a peach crisp in the oven using crushed gingersnaps as part of the crisp "flour."

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Forgot the pics.

Attachments

• 2017-09-25 18.48.00.jpg
    2017-09-25 18.48.00.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 2017-09-25 18.47.29.jpg
    2017-09-25 18.47.29.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 126

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well when I got back from grocery shopping at two stores I was in pain. So it was meatless, no cooking Monday. I picked up Brie, smoked Gouda, blue cheese and several types of crackers from Trader Joe’s and fresh pineapple and Macintosh apples from ShopRite, that was dinner.

Dessert a couple hours later was Trader Joe’s Belgian chocolate pudding.

No pictures.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday's dinner...
Large-Dice Chicken Breast w/ Rice, Gravy, and Leftover Veggie dump ....

IMG_4573.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I tried a Beijing Beef, kind of like Panda Express Beijing Beef. I really didn't use a recipe but thought it was very good.

IMG_6825.jpg

Embryodad

Tonight....breaded egg plant.
Tina-mommy is now at the farm stand picking up the egg plant.
I can't wait!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight....breaded egg plant.
Tina-mommy is now at the farm stand picking up the egg plant.
I can't wait!

Oh, Boy !

Can't wait to see it !
Now, I like 'em thick-sliced, the Warden likes 'em thinner, looking forward to pics....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, how did you cook that grouper?

Whenever I try to cook blackened stuff over screaming high heat in the house, I set the smoke alarms off.

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, how did you cook that grouper?

Whenever I try to cook blackened stuff over screaming high heat in the house, I set the smoke alarms off.

Lee
LOL - Yup ! That's a problem........ We also have to close off the two bedrooms downstairs or it'll be in the curtains for a couple of days........

But that's what we have to put up with, even when pan-frying steaks...
We used Prudhomme's Blackened Seasoning mix with a little Panko to coat, then into a searing hot skillet, and put the stove vent on high, and keep a kitchen towel handy for when the hall smoke alarm goes off......... if you wave the towel hard under the alarm, it will usually shut up (You may have to repeat)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Shrimps 'n Scallops, with "Baby" Carrots and Cole Slaw............

Have to remember.......... Slaw does NOT go directly onto a plate.....

Shtimp and Scallop Platter.jpg

Embryodad

IMG_0666 (800x800).jpg

Eggplant was eaten as they fried. Sweet and tasty!
Tomorrow, I will toss some cheese and sauce on some, and stick them in the broiler.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tuesday was Italian Hero

italian_hero_092617_IMG_3148.JPG

Tonight was Grilled strip steak (topped with blue cheese butter), steamed broccoli, and sesame noodles.

strip_steak_sesame_noodles_broccoli_092717_P1100254.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was mixed mustard sauced chicken and fruit, green grapes and cantaloupe to be exact. We gobbled it up and didn't stop to take a picture so I used an old one.

37240-albums1042-picture6515.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's Bone-In Strip, Baked Tater w/ Sour Cream, Veggies, and a Salad w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette...

Strip Steak, Bone-In.jpg

Salad with Balsamic.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made some refrigerator zucchini pickles...hope I like them but won't know for a couple of days:

IMG_6830.jpg

Tonight is brats.

I've got more zucchini, so I'm planning a Japanese Zucchini & Onions recipe that I saw on either Allrecipes or the new Food.com/Genius Kitchen?? I remember having a side of zucchini, onions, and mr's at a Japanese/Cook-it-at-your-table place a long time ago, and I liked it. We'll see.

Embryodad

I made some refrigerator zucchini pickles...hope I like them but won't know for a couple of days:

IMG_6830.jpg

Tonight is brats.

I've got more zucchini, so I'm planning a Japanese Zucchini & Onions recipe that I saw on either Allrecipes or the new Food.com/Genius Kitchen?? I remember having a side of zucchini, onions, and mr's at a Japanese/Cook-it-at-your-table place a long time ago, and I liked it. We'll see.
I love Garlic Pickles done in the fridge like that.
The only thing, is they have to be eaten in 2 weeks to retain that fresh green crispy crunch.
These are my favorite, when Tina can get them.

http://www.batamptepickle.com/images/products/half-sour-pickles.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
2 cheese, fontinella and moz, crispelles (aka crepes) with a sicilian type tomato sauce and a side salad.

Attachments

• 2017-09-28 18.00.16.jpg
    2017-09-28 18.00.16.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 102

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had white gazpacho with green grapes, English cukes, almonds and various other ingredients. Garnishes were vanilla bean grapeseed oil, with skewers of nearly frozen grapes and pickled shrimp.

Attachments

• 2017-09-29 18.31.08.jpg
    2017-09-29 18.31.08.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 86

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Homemade spinach garlic pasta with sweet onion, garlic, marsala sauce for Saturday night's dinner.

Attachments

• 2017-09-30 19.10.32.jpg
    2017-09-30 19.10.32.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 77