2 cups baby spinach

Egg filling:
3 eggs, beaten
¼ cup milk
Salt
Pepper
3 Tbsp freshly grated Gouda cheese

Do it!:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish/plate with some oil. Squeeze all the excess water out of the grated potatoes. Toss grated potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper. Press into an even layer in pie dish, up the sides like a crust. Bake until golden brown at the edges and dry, about 20-22 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes or so. Watch the crust carefully here so that it does not burn. Let cool.

Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until most of the liquid evaporates. Stir in the chopped asparagus and red bell pepper pieces. Cook till the vegetables soften. Add spinach and cook, stirring, just until spinach wilts, let cool slightly.

Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Spread the vegetable mixture in an even layer in the pie dish.
Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the vegetable mixture. Carefully pour in egg mixture.

Bake until golden brown and set- about 30-35 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.

Attachments

• smPie.JPG
    smPie.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 182

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Oh my! That looks fantastic - all my favorite things in one dish!! Yayyy!! I'm DEFINATELY making this one! Thanks Sass!! :claps:

Constance

Oh, Sass, that looks divine!

I saw a recipe similar to, but not as elegant, as that, that called for using frozen hash brown potatoes. The reason I bring this up, is that I have a problem doing anything that requires shoulder strength (Yah me, who used to carry two five gallon buckets of stoker coal at a time, weighing 75 lbs. each.)
Oh well, that time has passed.

So, what do you think about the hash browns? I've never really had much good luck with frozen hash browns, but maybe I'm not cooking them long enough.
Or should I ask my grandson to grate the potatoes for me?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Sass, that looks divine!

So, what do you think about the hash browns? I've never really had much good luck with frozen hash browns, but maybe I'm not cooking them long enough.
Or should I ask my grandson to grate the potatoes for me?

Thanks Connie.
Go ahead and use thawed hash browns and follow the recipe accordingly.
It'll be ok.

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked it.