"Roxanne" and "masonry"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to vent about a couple of things.

1. I HATE the song "Roxanne" by the Police. It's repetitious, monotonous and Sting's voice in the song is caterwauling. The radio station in my hardware store has been playing it at least 3 times a shift. gawd!

2. Why does everyone but me pronounce the word "masonry" as "mason-ary"?

Thank you.

Lee

chowhound

It's a classic that catapulted the police, but I know I wouldn't want to hear it 3x/day. Especially Eddie Murphy's rendition in 48 hours.

If it helps, next time you hear masonary, say to yourself missionry position. Some things sound better mispronounced and some things don't. :yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Ugg, not one of my favorite songs there either. Maybe you should tell em to take their masonary and shove it while in the missionry position..

Cool, a new way of telling someone to "stick it up yer arse!".

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Thank you, gentlemen, for giving credence to my vent!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have to vent about a couple of things.

1. I HATE the song "Roxanne" by the Police. It's repetitious, monotonous and Sting's voice in the song is caterwauling. The radio station in my hardware store has been playing it at least 3 times a shift. gawd!

2. Why does everyone but me pronounce the word "masonry" as "mason-ary"?

Thank you.

Lee
Agreed Lee, I can't stand that song either.
Here's another question: why do a lot of people pronounce the word nuclear as nukeyooler?
In some parts of England, they pronounce chimney as "chimbly", course, that's a Yorkshire thing.:lol:
Funny thread! thanks for the smiles.
Greenies incominggggggg!! :D

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Then there's the loose and lose confusion, use and used, obtuse on angles less than 90 degrees by the knife sharpening guys, there their and they're, etc. etc. etc. It ain't gonna change. Count on it. lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Then there's the loose and lose confusion, use and used, obtuse on angles less than 90 degrees by the knife sharpening guys, there their and they're, etc. etc. etc. It ain't gonna change. Count on it. lol

That's just to, too, two, 2 confusing Buzz!! It's something for sure, but its malleability is confusing! :yum::yum::yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Hmmmmm that bugs you too huh?
lol

I use to loose a lot of things, but found it over their, in the neighbour's yard. They were angry and tried to claim it was theres. grrrrrr
mmk... enough of this smart assiness form mee.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
...And in New England they have 'hat attacks instead of heart attacks.

Oh, really, Mav? Well what do they call it in YOUR when a thousand chapeaux come flying at you out of the blue? Hmmmm????? :huh:

Lee

Lefty

Yank
Can you get them to put it on another station? For the record, my quota for that song is once a year.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Must be a slow and boring day to let this kind of shit bother you. Shut off the radio, stop playing grammar police and Go fishin. If you cannot change something then just let it go.