is it me or BK?

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
first, let me say we're not big fast food fans. and, it's not some extremist / alarmist / idiot thing - we just prefer home cooking....

to put this in perspective my last fast food 'experience' was Nov 2014 - a stop at Carl Jr because DW heard offering X was good. oops.

so,,,, Monday, on a 6 hour drive home I opted to stop at Burger King.
BK has been my preferred taste since the late '60's. altho I must say, I have always found McD's fries more better.....

the burger patty was completely utterly totally unremarkable. no taste, none, nothing. the 'fixings' were I guess okay. the whole sandwich was like "morphed" into a nothingless taste.

perhaps they should put back the pink slime? where did the taste go?

and the fries.... I suspect done is the ultimate healthy oil. they tasted like xxxx. starts with "s" or "c" - take your choice.

apparently the government push to make fast food "healthy" for the people who eat fast food (7x3=) 21 meals a week is having an effect.

it now tastes so bad, people will eat something else.....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't had either BK or McDonald's in years. I love them, but I feel guilty when I eat them.

Anyway, last time I had either, I loved them and I crave them sometimes.

Kinda makes me feel good to think they might not taste good anymore.

Thanks for the hope, Chowderman! :)

Lee

Ian M.

I'm afraid someone has to get me down with a foot on my neck and force feed me to get me to even smell this stuff - I've had it in both the US and the UK and no matter where I've had it - awful!! I wouldn't feed this greasy stuff to my dog, never mind my family! But there are plenty of alternatives wherever you are to something that leaves all that much to be desired..................Lee, your fish and chips looks really good - you can come over and cook in the pub any time you're around in our neck of the woods. But definitely no frozen fries, thanks all the same. hand chipped potatoes are the only way to go with our pub grub. Especially with the soccer crowd when they pile in after a home game. :good: And we'll give you at least an hour to learn how to build a proper Guinness, too.