Server issues ...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
same ole server issue. appears to be a memory leak. added 2 gigs of memory early today but still had the issue.
Either httpd or mysqld is the root cause, I think. Not sure. Either way when server gets real busy it causes database issues and errors. I've had to repair all databases ...with my hotspot from my phone. Got home from work and damn if my cable modem would not work. appears it's fried. when it rains it pours.
We are good for now but the issue is not solved. Working on getting to the bottom of it but unfortunately I do not have it totaly figured out yet. sorry.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wish I could help, Doc, but all I got from the above is that we're good for now, but it can happen again.

Thank you for working so hard to keep us running!

Lee

Leni

If this helps at all, I kept getting the message that the server was overloaded. Maybe not those exact words but that was the gist of it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I have it set to do that on purpose. It's like whan everyone is knocking at the door to come in, if the server is over a certain 'load average' (think of it like cpu busy but a little more complicated) I won't let anyone in on purpose so that the server can catch up with the work load and get it under control.
With this memory leak issue that is not something the server could ever recover from. It was a downward spiral. No fun at all.
Thanks though for the input Leni.