Chicken Pomodoro

Cooksie

Site Supporter
3889821446_f9a75165ee.jpg

I have made this dish many times, but the sauce has never been as thick as I would like it. So....I tweaked it a bit :smile:, and this time it came out just right.

For the chicken cutlets:

4 to 6 chicken tenders, pounded thin
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Vegetable oil

For the sauce:

1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh, chopped and seeded tomatoes​

To serve:​

Cooked fusili pasta
1/3 cup chopped green onion tops​

Dredge the cutlets in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and cook in a very small amount of vegetable oil (once around the pan :)). They're so thin that by the time they get lightly browned and crispy on both sides, they will be cooked through. Set the cooked cutlets to the side.

Deglaze the pan with the vodka (away from the flame). Simmer until the vodka is nearly gone. Add the broth and lemon juice and simmer until it is reduced by about half. Add the cream and cook over a very low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. It may take a while. Add the tomatoes and simmer for a few more minutes, or until the sauce is back to the desired thickness.

Place chicken cutlets over cooked fusili and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped green onion tops.​

alexandradarex

3889821446_f9a75165ee.jpg

I have made this dish many times, but the sauce has never been as thick as I would like it. So....I tweaked it a bit :smile:, and this time it came out just right.

For the chicken cutlets:

4 to 6 chicken tenders, pounded thin
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Vegetable oil

For the sauce:

1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh, chopped and seeded tomatoes​

To serve:​

Cooked fusili pasta
1/3 cup chopped green onion tops​

Dredge the cutlets in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and cook in a very small amount of vegetable oil (once around the pan :)). They're so thin that by the time they get lightly browned and crispy on both sides, they will be cooked through. Set the cooked cutlets to the side.

Deglaze the pan with the vodka (away from the flame). Simmer until the vodka is nearly gone. Add the broth and lemon juice and simmer until it is reduced by about half. Add the cream and cook over a very low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. It may take a while. Add the tomatoes and simmer for a few more minutes, or until the sauce is back to the desired thickness.

Place chicken cutlets over cooked fusili and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped green onion tops.​
This is an excellent formula. The flavors are very unforgettable & the plate is simple enough to get ready. Only changes I created was sub'd natural for lotion and improved the tomato vegetables. There is just enough marinade so if you want more for a part of rice/pasta I suggest improving that also. Amazing formula, thanks for Recipe

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Newbie !

You critiqued five chicken recipes in one day !
Your kitchen must be a complete mess.........:cooking::fridge:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
But, But...she sub'd natural for the lotion, so things must have gone swimmingly in her kitchen :rolleyes:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, you'll have to make it again and post a new picture!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie, you'll have to make it again and post a new picture!

Lee

Yeah, I'm just looking for a new photo hosting site that is as easy to use as Photobucket. I went to my Flickr acct, and it doesn't even have a button to add photos :(. Still looking...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I use JASC Paint Shop Pro to edit, crop, resize (pixels - 650X552 or I can do inches also) and save to the format I choose (jpeg, png etc.).

I have been hosting on NCT lately after editing and resizing.

I have used Postimage (http://postimages.org/) to host my pictures after editing and resizing. There are several save/host options you can choose (auto resizing etc.). And several options on how to share/link. Very user friendly IMO.

Some screen shots of PostImage options:

Overview

postimage_1.JPG

Resize Options (I resize my pictures in Paint Shop Pro and choose Do Not Resize)

postimage_2.jpg

Expiration Options

postimage_3.jpg

Sharing/Linking Options (choose direct, thumbnail etc.)
I choose the Direct link.

postimage_4.jpg

postimage_5.jpg

You can also use Paint program in your PC Accessories list to resize (percentage or pixels). Then host on NCT, PostImage or Imgur.

Some screen shots of Paint:

paint_1.jpg

paint_2.jpg

I hope this helps.

(P.S. I didn't care for Imgur. PostImage is much easier.)

Last edited: