What are you doing today?

Johnny West

Today John A., Peter, and I went to Edmonds and made beer at Gallagher's. It's a keg of an IPA using Yakima hops, and Irish moss. We go back in two weeks to bottle it.I'll get some pics up in the a few days.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Going to lunch today with First - born (Larry) and his little guy...
I don't get to see Luke often, so this will be a special lunch ...

Maybe a new pic of the boy to post later today !

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm helping DW with xmas baking and running a bunch of errands. We are far enough out of town that when I make a trip to town it's usually for 3 or more stops. Today it's way more. LOL
DW put from Santa on our kids stuff until they were in their 30's and had kids of their own.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Good for your for pitching in on the baking, Doc !...... I'm not allowed in the kitchen when any baking is done......:whistling:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
doc, i'm in fear of letting my Mom know that my PC is beat--oi-- it's got a mind of its own & i hafta delete so many things-- anyhow, yep, as said, my Mom, she cannot get beyond that fact that i know that not only does Santa not imbibe on peach schnapps (he could get a D.U.I.!!!!!!!) & put chips ahoy into their bag, rather than snack on them, she, too, puts, 'Santa' on my gifts--
may as well let my Santa-Mom know that i've gottta get a new keyboard, too--

& i'm looking into being inpatient 4 a few, to gain a few-- i cannont gain lbs. 4 love, nor money & they hafta correct my g-j, anyhow-- ppl say they're jealous; i say, you wouldn't be if your dinner is mostly ensure dripping into ur belly-- i'll have food, tho not too often-- my stomach is none too well when it's being itself--

Last edited:

Johnny West

Today will wrap presents, do Christmas cards, and order some items to be sent to family members in other states. We better have presents under the tree when Amelia gets here tomorrow!

Here is her Santa picture for 2017.

Attachments

• #AJ 2017.jpg
    #AJ 2017.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 157

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
doc, i'm in fear of letting my Mom know that my PC is beat--oi-- it's got a mind of its own & i hafta delete so many things-- anyhow, yep, as said, my Mom, she cannot get beyond that fact that i know that not only does Santa not imbibe on peach schnapps (he could get a D.U.I.!!!!!!!) & put chips ahoy into their bag, rather than snack on them, she, too, puts, 'Santa' on my gifts--
may as well let my Santa-Mom know that i've gottta get a new keyboard, too--

& i'm looking into being inpatient 4 a few, to gain a few-- i cannont gain lbs. 4 love, nor money & they hafta correct my g-j, anyhow-- ppl say they're jealous; i say, you wouldn't be if your dinner is mostly ensure dripping into ur belly-- i'll have food, tho not too often-- my stomach is none too well when it's being itself--

If a new PC is not in the cards a PC repair shop can off load your key personal files, format and reload the OS or a newer OS then reload your personal files. Results in a like new PC.

Prayers for you Aubrey, best wishes for you to gain a few LB's. Merry Christmas.

Johnny West

Yesterday the mrs fell on black ice of our sidewalk while coming home from night shift. I'm home care nurse again and out of shape. There is so much more to do for the Christmas season and it looks to be on me.

Here is what she posted to Facebook. The break was just below the trochanter of her hip replacement or it could have been worse. I called 911 and two units of 6 men responded, even took her to hospital requested instead of the closest one. The guys were wonderful.

"Rats. Fell on the icy sidewalk in front of the house. Broke my left femur. No surgery needed so was offered these choices: go home and tough it out or to stay in the hospital over the weekend and either go to a SNF or arrange home care. Had a feeling they would be pushing the SNF so opted toughing it out. Doing ok but very painful to move. Off work for 6 weeks. Can't get this emogy to go away but I really am feeling drugged not relaxed but can't find one for that".

I'll be home for awhile and tending to her needs. My LPN and home care training pays off now.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
oooooooooh. my symps. DW broke an ankle - but I had more help - the nursing staff:

Attachments

• DSC_2079s.jpg
    DSC_2079s.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 155

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
WOW, YOU GUYS !:ohmy:

Bad time for such bad events !
Hope you both can tuff it out, and get better soon !

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, God, John and Chowder - how crappy!

Sending positive and healing energies to both of your wives!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, God, John and Chowder - how crappy!

Sending positive and healing energies to both of your wives!

Lee
Same here. Best wishes. Stuff like that is so tuff especially this time of year.

Johnny West

Thanks for all the well wishes.

I've been getting her up to walk but it's been a trial. She's in pain, of course, but it's not been her first two days. She made some calls today and has some appointments line up.

I made quick kolaches today and a pork sirloin casserole for dinner.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I got an Echo Dot and finally got it all connected yesterday. I love it! It took me a while because I didn't know what I was doing, but it finally all came together :).

This kind of made me chuckle yesterday. Somebody was at the front door, so I go open it with the chain in place, and say hello. This little smart arse guy who looks like a little elf is out there. When he realized that I wasn't going to open the door all the way, he said...is that a ghost :huh: and starts with his sales pitch. I politely said no thank you and started to close the door. He replied...and thank you too, Miss Scrooge :tongue:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I gathered all my income tax stuff over the weekend and paper clipped it all together. Yesterday I received another document in the mail and went to add it to the pile. I couldn't find the pile and went into a panic mode just thinking about all the doc's that I would have to request again and replace :ohmy:. I looked for about an hour and finally found it clipped behind a pile of stuff that I had going for a flooring project...whew.

I'm doing nothing today except for waiting on a UPS delivery. I finally bit the bullet and took a free trial of Amazon Prime. The free shipping is addictive. I've probably bought more stuff in the last several weeks than I've bought in the last year. I'm probably going to have to cut that sucker off to keep from going to the poor house.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I have been "trying" the Amazon Prime in early december for three years now, then cancelling when my Xmas shopping is done.... So far, I've gotten away with it .......:blowcandle:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
we sign up for Prime regular... we're both "normal size" - so all the brick and mortar stores are always out of our size. it is usually a fruitless PITA to find something specific - if the store has it, you can't find anyone who knows where it is - or you can't find anyone to even ask.... Sears is pondering why the business is off? here's a clue: there's two sales people in the entire three floor store, and one of those is one break.

now, our local Giant has taken more giant steps in driving itself out of business so we've actually taking to ordering pet food, cat litter, dishwasher detergent, coffee, on and on - they are always out of stuff. with all their computers they can't figure out "item X sells out in two days and it takes two weeks to get more, perhaps we should stock more . . ."

there was an inventory crew doing it's thing (outside company) so I asked the person what looked to be in charge: "how come . . ."
. . . . drum roll please . . .
answer: "it sells out fast, then the sales data shows no sales, so they drop it."
yes folks, this is the level of management intelligence - and they wonder why Amazon is cleaning their clock?

and pretty much all my woodworking tools and hardware I get from Amazon anymore.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's interesting about "trying" the Amazon Prime more than once. I did try it earlier when I was re-doing a bathroom and just thought that they screwed up by offering it to me again. I just wonder how long they'll keep offering it up.

Now I'm going to have to try it again when this one expires. I do like it for the free shipping. The video and books are pretty pitiful but the music is ok.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I live in the sticks. Every direction I go there is a Walmart and all the surrounding stores that come with those retail areas. 5 walmarts all withing 40 mins away. But I dread to go there and will never go there for just one item. So just this month I ordered a bicycle tube from Amazon ...and duct tape and other stuff. if I plan and don't have to have it that day amazon prime is the way to go. Saves me gas and money. :thumb:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Speaking of bicycle parts...

I was reading about safety with coaster brakes, which I have. It seems that if you're riding along and your chain falls off or becomes loose, you're SOL as far as stopping.

So I ordered a hand brake from Amazon for my bicycle. It took me about 45 minutes to figure out it just was not going to fit (brake pads extended too far down), and then it took me 30 minutes to get the dang parts back in the shipping envelope :blush:.

I am so ready to get outside and do something active. I've got a very bad case of the winter blues.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Finally got the little monsters to bed, relaxing on the sofa with a glass of wine watching the olympics.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we hit that lotto again-- i'm shopping; my bud put my $$ in my my bag so that i can buy a few items-- other than that, i got ill~~ he says i spent 9 daze inpatient, my Mom got me & we (me & my best guy-pal) went to have a few adult beverages, shopping & i have appointment soon-- he swung by 4 a few, tonite, & i'm taking a nap, soon-- once my meds hit & make me drowsy so that i'll snooze-- 'toodles