turn your weber into a smoker

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
most with webbers already know to cook low and slow on their bbq..heres another i idea put a ring on it for additional height and maybe a rotisserie

not my idea but something i found

http://mybbq.net/

230_100_1309_2.jpg

230_100_1313_2.jpg

230_100_1315_2.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
very cool site thanks..

i am always looking at bbq stuff

mrs bam knows where i am thanks to sites like that one and this one....

on here looking at cooking and recipes.... smoking and bbqing meat and lastly hotpeppers..lol

GrillinFool

I smoke in my weber a lot. I put the charcoal baskets on each side, put the flip op sections of the grill grate right over that so it's easy to add more fuel and smoke wood. Then put the meat inside a high sided disposable aluminum tray to act as the heat sink. Poke holes in the bottom to let the fat drain out.

That being said, that ring would make the process much easier. With the method I use, I have to add a couple charcoal briquettes to each side about every 45 minutes. Gotta constantly monitor the temp to keep it low enough in such a small space. That Ring would essentially more than double the interior size of the space.

My FiL has a weber from about 25 years ago that came with a ring like that. I'm not sure if Weber makes them anymore specifically for this. I'm guessing that self fabrication is the only way to go here...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am guessing here but i believe you could get an old 55 gallon drum or 30 gallon drum and go from there... if not, a heavy piece of sheet metal bent into a circle will do the same thing

I smoke in my weber a lot. I put the charcoal baskets on each side, put the flip op sections of the grill grate right over that so it's easy to add more fuel and smoke wood. Then put the meat inside a high sided disposable aluminum tray to act as the heat sink. Poke holes in the bottom to let the fat drain out.

That being said, that ring would make the process much easier. With the method I use, I have to add a couple charcoal briquettes to each side about every 45 minutes. Gotta constantly monitor the temp to keep it low enough in such a small space. That Ring would essentially more than double the interior size of the space.

My FiL has a weber from about 25 years ago that came with a ring like that. I'm not sure if Weber makes them anymore specifically for this. I'm guessing that self fabrication is the only way to go here...

GrillinFool

i am guessing here but i believe you could get an old 55 gallon drum or 30 gallon drum and go from there... if not, a heavy piece of sheet metal bent into a circle will do the same thing

My neighbor across the street works with steel. I wonder if he could fabricate this? A 55 gallon drum would work for this? REally? That might make it even easier to obtain....Buy a rotisserie to add to it. Or just take the rotisserie off my offset and attache it to the the weber ring and plug the holes for the rotisserie on my smoker...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
My neighbor across the street works with steel. I wonder if he could fabricate this? A 55 gallon drum would work for this? REally? That might make it even easier to obtain....Buy a rotisserie to add to it. Or just take the rotisserie off my offset and attache it to the the weber ring and plug the holes for the rotisserie on my smoker...

the 55 gallon drum might be a little big but there is a smoker called UDS(ugly drum smoker) that they use a weber lid

here are some pics so you get the idea

1fh8k6.jpg

UDS

udsfirsttryhr9.jpg