Joe's Home Fries

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I make these all the time, but never wrote down a recipe, so here it is.

Diced potatoes (Russet, Idaho, Red Skins, whatever you like)
Diced sweet onion (however much you'd like
Olive oil
Butter
Salt & pepper to taste
Chopped clove of garlic
Diced fire roasted red pepper (amount to suit)
Basil
Chives
Oregano
Paprika
Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional topping when served. Shown below.)

Cut up potatoes into 1/2" cubes. Saute the onions in olive oil and butter until translucent, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix and cover with lid, tossing periodically until the potatoes soften and begin to brown.

I make these potatoes in a cast iron skillet for best results, but any non-stick pan will do.

Attachments

• Hurka & Potatoes.jpg
    Hurka & Potatoes.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 137

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh man! I'm SO there!

What's the brown stuff under the sausage link, joe?

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Oh man! I'm SO there!

What's the brown stuff under the sausage link, joe?

Lee
The "brown stuff" is the sausage that oozed out of the casing during the cooking process (pan fried with water to steam). It gets nice and crunchy and is the best part. Sometimes I just take it all out of the casing and cook it so I get more crunchies.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The "brown stuff" is the sausage that oozed out of the casing during the cooking process (pan fried with water to steam). It gets nice and crunchy and is the best part. Sometimes I just take it all out of the casing and cook it so I get more crunchies.

Oh man, you're KILLING me! I LOVE crunchies!!! I've got to try that sausage!

buckytom

Grill Master
olive oil?

OLIVE OIL?

boy, you really are watching your girlish figure. me and me belly are going to make this with bacon grease.

maple bacon grease! so there!

und danke, sepp.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
olive oil?

OLIVE OIL?

boy, you really are watching your girlish figure. me and me belly are going to make this with bacon grease.

maple bacon grease! so there!

und danke, sepp.
I've been shown up with the maple bacon grease. I can't top that. :yum: Go for it, Porky!