Great Source for Cables and more

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
If you're ever in need of USB, HDMI, CAT5, or any other cable at any length, check this place.

http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp

Gold Plated 6' HDMI cables for 7.20.

50' Cat5 cables for 5.80.

The also carry mounting brackets for LCD TVs, cable management, splitters, and more.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Prices sure are good!!!! Have you ordered from these guys before Keltin?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Prices sure are good!!!! Have you ordered from these guys before Keltin?

Yeah, we use them a LOT here in the lab. I've cabled out several test-beds using them exclusively, plus I use them for my Home cabling, especially the HDMI cables (which I needed 8 of). Great prices, excellent product, fast shipping, and good customer support. I love these guys.

After using them, I'll never pay retail for HDMI or CAT5 again!! At Best Buy the other day I saw a 6' CAT5 cable for 14.95, and a 10' HDMI cable for.....get this......you ready........74.99!!! :shock:

Yeah Best Buy, I'll get right on that! :yum:

Before I started using monoproice, I was getting 10' HDMI for 16.99 from a local computer shop, but they weren't gold plated. I replaced all of those with the Gold Plated cables from monoprice for 11.25 each and sold the other HDMI cables in a "lot" on eBay. :lol:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know where I'll be ordering my next HDMI cables from. I saw an HDMI cable w/ gold ends in radio shack that was 10' long and 79 dollars. :eek:

High Cheese

Saucier
lol...my buddy bought gold composite cables from Best Buy....$100. I was like "You DUMBASS!" lol He gave them to me for hooking up his system....they're still sitting in a box, unused.

suziquzie

DH has what we lovingly refer to as "the box o cable" that has moved and grown with him for at least 20 years now..... I am willing to sneak them out one by one and ship them off to get space in my craft room back.
:D

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DH has what we lovingly refer to as "the box o cable" that has moved and grown with him for at least 20 years now..... I am willing to sneak them out one by one and ship them off to get space in my craft room back.
:D

Oh, OH!! The "box o cables"! It's a man thing....I've got one too......and it's sacred! Maybe you could snap a pic of it and we can drool a bit over it????? :yum::yum::yum::yum:

suziquzie

awww Keltin Im so sorry.... it's not all that sexy anymore!!!! I made him wind them all up into twist ties and mark them and put them all in separate boxes in the big box :( h

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
awww Keltin Im so sorry.... it's not all that sexy anymore!!!! I made him wind them all up into twist ties and mark them and put them all in separate boxes in the big box :( h

crying.gif

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

DW tried that with me - didn't work. Now I just sit down and wait for er tofind whatever she put away someplace.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Well, For network stull, I keep about 1,000 feet of stranded and solid in the office and various ends. I can make about anything anyone needs. The other types of cable, I usually buy, and I think I just found a new source.

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks for the link, k.

and lol, it's a guy thing. i've got boxes of cables, connectors, adapters, terminators, sex-changers, and so on.

i guess people don't realize that for the most part, when dealing with digital audio and video, all you need is a connection. there's almost nothing to worry about with roll-off and loss so long as the codec can decipher the eye pattern. digital codecs can handle a load of jitter and noise and still produce perfect picture or sound. monster cables with all of that shielding are a joke at those prices.

buckytom

Grill Master
bump.

i just ordered another couple of hdmi cables from monoprice.com. the first few that i've gotten from there have worked well.

2 6ft high speed hdmi cables for $12, including 2 to 3 day shipping.

thanks again for the heads up, k!