NCT Cooks Challenge 16 Aug. 16 - Aug 23 COW!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
2. Chicken
3. Duck
4. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
5. Fish - with scales and fins
6. Shellfish and things that live in shells
7. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
8. Cow
9. Ground Cow
10. Smoked Pig
11 Cream
12. Your favourite spice
13. Your favourite herb
14 Breakfast
15 Stew
16. Italian
17. Middle Eastern
18. Chinese
19 BBQ/Grill/Smoker
20. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
21. Dessert

Mooooooooo Cow!! For clarification, this category does NOT include ground beef, however, cubes, strips, steaks, roasts are all fine!!:chef: We've really been knocking each other's socks off lately with the NCT challenges! Can't wait to see what comes up this week!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Savoury Tomato Steak On Cabbage

2010-08-16 16-18-18.626.jpg

2010-08-16 16-22-27.826.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:bounce: That looks reeealllyyy good, Sass, almost like a de-constructed cabbage roll.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful Sass!! It kind of reminds me of swiss steak for some reason.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie and Peeps.
Yes, it did taste a lot like a cabbage roll, really good blend of flavours!
When I got down to the last bit of steak, I rolled it up in the cabbage and enjoyed the last, sloppy delicious bites :lol:
I'll be making this again.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hey!!! Tomorrow is the last day for this challenge! Hard to believe that only Sass and I have pet cows!!
My kingdom for a grilled steak! I'd even settle for one of Marianne's chewy minute steak sandwiches!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made this on 8/17/10 and posted it in the dinner thread. I was sure I had posted it here. Well here is a repost.

Bone in rib eye steaks (on sale $3.99 lb) done on the cast iron stovetop grill (I split this steak with daughter). Sides were (mostly veggies) ½ a corn on the cob steamed and steamed cauliflower and left over sesame noodles (my family has become addicted to these noodles. They had me make them 3X already), bean salad, and tomato salad from last night.

ribeye_081710_P1060189.JPG

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hey!!! Tomorrow is the last day for this challenge! Hard to believe that only Sass and I have pet cows!!
My kingdom for a grilled steak! I'd even settle for one of Marianne's chewy minute steak sandwiches!!
Mooooooooooooooo.... Vera, I bought a nice t-bone this evening on the way home from work. Another entry sometime tomorrow.:kiss: