Honey Wheat Bread

homecook

This is a recipe posted on AllRecipes. It came out so good. Dh loved it!! After reading all the reviews I made a couple changes. Instead of 2 cups whole wheat flour I used 3 cups. Instead of 5 cups all-purpose flour I used 4 cups. The rest is all the same.

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
DIRECTIONS

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, and stir well. Mix in whole wheat flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Work all-purpose flour in gradually. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bowl. Turn it several times in the bowl to coat the surface of the dough, and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
  2. Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pans.
  3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.

Barb

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Barb shared some of this with me, and can vouch that it's delicious. Excellent sandwich bread and toast as well. In short...YUMMO!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've been looking for a good sandwich bread recipe. Thanks Barb!