Beef Stew

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I make these up as I go along, and this one was a huge hit with the family so I am going to post it:

2.5lbs Beef Shoulder Cross-Rib Steaks ( the package had two of them)
4 large potatoes diced
1 large onion diced
3 large carrots sliced
4 stalks celery sliced
1/2 a clove of garlic, chopped fine
1/2 cup red wine (I used an Australian Shiraz)
32oz Beef broth
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2tbsp Liquid Smoke Hickory flavor
1tsp Gravy Master seasoning and browning sauce
2tbsp Pickapepper sauce
1pkg Lipton's Onion and Mushroom powdered soup mix
1pkg McCormick's Beef Stew seasoning
1tsp Parsley flakes
Salt & pepper to taste (I think the Liptons and stew seasons have enough salt as it is, so I only add pepper, about 1tbsp worth).

Place both steaks on the bottom of the slow cooker. Mix the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients, stir until well blended, and add to the slow cooker. Lastly, add in the veggies and garlic. Stir it up a little so the steaks are not sitting on the bottom, but not floating on top either.
Put slow cooker on low, put the lid on, and let it cook for at least 8 hours. Mine go around 9 to 10 hours on average. Do not remove the lid at all during this time. After at least 8 hours have passed, remove the steaks and cube them, then add back in.
I like a thicker broth, so I remove 4 cups of the liquid and set aside. In a large 12' skillet I melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with 1/3 cup flower, then add in the broth and stir until well mixed. I let it come to a boil, and then simmer for about ten minutes stirring frequently.
I then add back into the pot and stir well, then serve!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Peter picked a pepper... LOL we found it at Food4Less in the isle with all the different Tabasco sauces and other hot sauces. Sub some Tabasco if you like, just use in moderation LOL. Like maybe 1tbsp instead of 2tbsp, Pickapepper is about half the heat of Tabasco if not less.