lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Squash (any variety)
  2. Kielbasa
  3. Potatoes (any variety)
  4. Asparagus
  5. Pasta (any variety/any shape - fresh, frozen, homemade, dry, stuffed or unstuffed)
  6. Fresh Vegetables (any fresh vegetable in the produce section available to you)
  7. Crab (any form - fresh, frozen, canned, etc)
  8. Tenderloin (any variety - beef, pork, lamb, venison, etc.)
  9. Eggs (in any form including eggbeaters)
  10. Beef (in any form)
  11. Seafood (anything found in the seafood section - fresh, frozen, canned etc)
  12. Smoked Food (from any seafood, bird or 4 legged beast - any form - examples: bacon, ham, turkey, lox, oysters, sausage, lil smokies etc)
  13. Cheese (any variety)
  14. Pork (any form)
  15. Peppers (any variety - hot, mild, canned, fresh or dried)
  16. Bread

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:oops: :sad: I'll play next time!! Can't wait to see everyone else's chocolate creations though :blob_blue:.
Sorry not a good start. :sad: I am thinking of trying to make my brownies with Ideal or Splenda sugar sub. I haven't made them since I was told I have type 2 diabetes. Hopefully they will turn out good. If they do then I will put the recipe in the diet forum.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Squash (any variety)
  2. Kielbasa
  4. Asparagus
  5. Pasta (any variety/any shape - fresh, frozen, homemade, dry, stuffed or unstuffed)
  6. Fresh Vegetables (any fresh vegetable in the produce section available to you)
  10. Beef (in any form)
  12. Smoked Food (from any seafood, bird or 4 legged beast - any form - examples: bacon, ham, turkey, lox, oysters, sausage, lil smokies etc)
  13. Cheese (any variety)
  14. Pork (any form)
  15. Peppers (any variety - hot, mild, canned, fresh or dried)
  16. Bread
True Random Number Generator
Min: 1
Max: 16
Result:14
Powered by RANDOM.ORG

14. Pork (any form)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Squash (any variety)
  2. Kielbasa
  4. Asparagus
  10. Beef (in any form)
  13. Cheese (any variety)
  14. Peppers (any variety - hot, mild, canned, fresh or dried)
  15. Bread

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Don't make me blush!!!:blush: Thanks......I definately would never push any of your plates away!!:piesmiley1:
Thank you Dee.

BTW I just started a new Let's play with .... thread. Let's say it's a wrap!! LOL I am sure you have LOTS of wonderful uses for wrappers. I am looking for a recipe for a filled dumpling we had down in Florida at a chinese buffet. It had a sweet creamy filling.

Deelady

Hmmm sounds interesting, let me know when you find the name of it!

Yep I have a few packages or both won ton wrapers and spring roll wrapers in the freezer! :brows: Maybe its bout time I try a new recipe with them :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hmmm sounds interesting, let me know when you find the name of it!

Yep I have a few packages or both won ton wrapers and spring roll wrapers in the freezer! :brows: Maybe its bout time I try a new recipe with them :clap:
I made pork won tons for soup and they were good. Now I would like to try egg or spring rolls. Not seafood maybe veggies and ground pork?

Deelady

I have a flawless easy recipe that is completely addicting if you want to try it! using ground pork and ground beef....trust me you will make it for life!!!

Lumpia (filipino egg rolls)~
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion very finely chopped
1 carrot grated
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 TB garlic powder
2 TB salt
1 package of SPRING ROLL wrappers (not egg roll wrappers, unless you HAVE to!)
few shakes of Accent seasoning (MSG) optional
1 1/2 quarts of oil for deep frying
In a large bowl combine pork, beef, onion and carrot.Make sure to completely mix well. Using your hands is best to slightly knead the meat. Gradually blend in the soy sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Accent until evenly distributed.
Lay out a few wrappers out at a time while keeping a slightly damp cloth over the rest of the package (they dry out fast).Place aprox 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in a line down the center of the wrapper. Make sure filling is NO THICKER than the width of your thumb! (think of a thin cigar) or else the wrapper will cook much faster than the filling.
Fold tightly like a burrito by folding in the ends over the filling then top to bottom.Moisten the edges with a finger dipped in water to seal shut. Repeat with rest of wrappers until filling is gone.
* tip* before frying dip each end in flour to help keep sealed while cooking, esp if you have to cut in half for smaller serving sizes before frying.
Heat Oil in a deep fryer pan or heavy skillet. fry 3-4 lumpia at a time or at least enough to where they are not crowded. Fry until golden brown. Lumpia are cooked through when they float.
Freeze wonderfully before frying for future use!
Great served with sweet and sour sauce for dipping!!

Attachments

• kccfm_bale_lumpia[1]-1.jpg
    kccfm_bale_lumpia[1]-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 231

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This sounds fantastic Dee!! Thank you. Can you post it in the Let's play with .... wrappers thread also?

I have a flawless easy recipe that is completely addicting if you want to try it! using ground pork and ground beef....trust me you will make it for life!!!

1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 carrot grated
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 TB garlic powder
2 TB salt
In a large bowl combine pork, beef, onion and carrot.Make sure to completely mix well. Using your hands is best to slightly knead the meat. Gradually blend in the soy sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Accent until evenly distributed.
Lay out a few wrappers out at a time while keeping a slightly damp cloth over the rest of the package (they dry out fast).Place aprox 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in a line down the center of the wrapper. Make sure filling is NO THICKER than the width of your thumb! (think of a thin cigar) or else the wrapper will cook much faster than the filling.
Fold tightly like a burrito by folding in the ends over the filling then top to bottom.Moisten the edges with a finger dipped in water to seal shut. Repeat with rest of wrappers until filling is gone.
* tip* before frying dip each end in flour to help keep sealed while cooking, esp if you have to cut in half for smaller serving sizes before frying.
Heat Oil in a deep fryer pan or heavy skillet. fry 3-4 lumpia at a time or at least enough to where they are not crowded. Fry until golden brown. Lumpia are cooked through when they float.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dee do you have a sweet and sour sauce recipe? Or do you use a bottle (if so what brand)? All the sauces I have had lately are way to sweet and not sour at all.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 carrot grated
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 TB garlic powder
2 TB salt
WOW These can go in the Pork AND the wrapper threads.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Squash (any variety)
  2. Kielbasa
  4. Asparagus
  10. Beef (in any form)
  13. Cheese (any variety)
  14. Peppers (any variety - hot, mild, canned, fresh or dried)
  15. Bread
True Random Number Generator
Min: 1
Max:15

Result:10