Black Friday 11/25/11 What's going on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We just had turkey sammies for breakfast. LOL We LOVE them.

Well it will be stuffed mushrooms which I waited to make today. I saved 1/2 the veggies to freshly steam (not technically leftover LOL) today, turkey, gravy, sweet tater & squash mash and not sure what else.

What will you be having?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I couldn't wait either :bounce:. It's 10 am here, and I'm sitting here eating turkey and dressing. I have an excuse though. I need some fuel before I go out for some shopping. I'm going to give the ladies in high heels and red jogging suits time to finish their shopping and leave. Lol--I have grown to hate that commercial.

Dinner = leftovers

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Brought only pie home from the SIL's yesterday, and zero desire to cook today. It's a beautiful day outside, 62 degrees, so I'm painting my 30' ham radio tower before I install it. We'll probably eat out tonight.

Leni

Only 30'? Egads that's a short one. (Sorry I couldn't resist. DH's is a little over 100'.) Some of you guys have monster antennas.

As for what's on the plate tonight it is leftovers and I love turkey sandwichs with cranberry sauce. Yesterday was the first stressless Thanksgiving that I've ever had.

Embryodad

It's Friday...Turkey will wait till tomorrow to nosh on.
It will probably be Pizza... T / Out?? or Home made??? If, and that is if?? I feel up to it.

DD is here...and putting up the tree and decorations in the parlor....

We did some furniture moving and changing this morn.

Mommy "T" left 11 O'clock for South Jersey to take Uncle Back. He wanted to be in his home, and was worried someone would break in even though he has adt alarm system tied in to the police station.

The kids had a exprience and a kick out of his camera bag. Poor uncle pulled out his Carl Zeis Icon Contax....and his flash fan attachement...and had only 2 Flash Bulbs... Yep! Sylvania M-25 Blue Dot Flash bulbs. He asked T to pick up some flashbulbs at CVS. Uhhh! I don't think so. "T" looked but they don't carry them; at least in our store.
GD was like, pa pa ...What are those bulbs for?? all filled with gray fuzz..???
It was funny as ole heck!

Market had FABULOUS fresh wild-caught Alaskan Halibut filets. In fact, they were cutting the filets from a whole halibut while I was there. Couldn't resist, so that's what we're having tonight along with a Knorr garlic noodle mix & a big green salad. Turkey leftovers will begin Sunday.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Because of stuff going on. I made our thanksgiving dinner tonight. Company is still here, so I have to get back to the living room, but was just checking in.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
mall food! i haven't dined on mall food in i'd say 7 years. i got spaghetti & meatballs w/ extra sauce & a breadstick from sbarro that i quite liberally sprinkled w/ garlic, oregano & parm- ( & a very, very chewy, flat breadstick:kabob:)- w/ a sierra mist. i was ravenous after hours of black friday shopping so it was either choose food from the mall 'er starve on the way in. my Mom gave me a piece of cake someone brought in earlier when she dropped me by my place. there were a few kinds of candied fruits & some walnuts in it, & a glaze on it. preferred that to the fast food pasta!

Attachments

• IMG_1187302.jpg
    IMG_1187302.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1198303.jpg
    IMG_1198303.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 120

Embryodad

Brought only pie home from the SIL's yesterday, and zero desire to cook today. It's a beautiful day outside, 62 degrees, so I'm painting my 30' ham radio tower before I install it. We'll probably eat out tonight.

Only 30'? Egads that's a short one. (Sorry I couldn't resist. DH's is a little over 100'.) Some of you guys have monster antennas.

( - .... .- - ... / .-- .... .- - / ... .... . / ... .- .. -.. .-.-.- )

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ......Uh! Oh! ( ... --- ... ) Save me!!!
Over and Out!

Embryodad

mall food! i haven't dined on mall food in i'd say 7 years. i got spaghetti & meatballs w/ extra sauce & a breadstick from sbarro that i quite liberally sprinkled w/ garlic, oregano & parm- ( & a very, very chewy, flat breadstick:kabob:)- w/ a sierra mist. i was ravenous after hours of black friday shopping so it was either choose food from the mall 'er starve on the way in. my Mom gave me a piece of cake someone brought in earlier when she dropped me by my place. there were a few kinds of candied fruits & some walnuts in it, & a glaze on it. preferred that to the fast food pasta!
Aubrey..... Just L O V E the Tablecloth...

I had a neat day, and DD put up the tree in the Parlor Today..... And..
Guess who climbed up inside the tree????

Cypress (AKA Gee Gee )...LOL...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thx, jimmy!- gotta keep w/ the season! i ditched the Thanksgiving decor soon after i got in.
lol-ing @ your cypress. i'm figuring that's your kitty- i'm gonna hafta find a way to keep sharlie babbit from the one i get. if i finally get it! my Mom & new-Dad hafta bring it. tig avoided previous ones & went 'bout his merry way. this is babbit's first Christmas & she is quite the ornery one!

Embryodad

thx, jimmy!- gotta keep w/ the season! i ditched the Thanksgiving decor soon after i got in.
lol-ing @ your cypress. i'm figuring that's your kitty- i'm gonna hafta find a way to keep sharlie babbit from the one i get. if i finally get it! my Mom & new-Dad hafta bring it. tig avoided previous ones & went 'bout his merry way. this is babbit's first Christmas & she is quite the ornery one!
I had to install a hook above the tree...and take a wire from the hook to the treetop; just so's the tree doesn't tip over like it did one year when the kitty climbed inside the treeand tried to jump out from the top. thank God no ornaments broke...but they did fall off the tree limbs... hahahahahahaha.

I have a pic of her in the tree....I'll look for it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oh, geez, lol- it'd be great to see that pic (reminds me of that song- think i learned it from sesame st. 'er somewhere similar, 'one of these things is not like the others; one of these things jus isn't the same'!) my Parents used to own several kitties. they'd get @ least a few bulbs each nite, the younger ones, namely. the older guys were content to lay by it

Embryodad

oh, geez, lol- it'd be great to see that pic (reminds me of that song- think i learned it from sesame st. 'er somewhere similar, 'one of these things is not like the others; one of these things jus isn't the same'!) my Parents used to own several kitties. they'd get @ least a few bulbs each nite, the younger ones, namely. the older guys were content to lay by it

Here she is..... this was Christmas 2008.

She just figured out how to distribute her weight and furry @$$ inside the branches. Here...she just woke up, and Mia took her pic.

212e37c2.jpg

Leni

Okay Embryodad, I recognize ...---... but now I'll have to get DH to translate the rest. :yum: And you knew that I would have to.

We had the same problem with our Siamese kitten one year. She shot up the tree and I'll never forget the expression on her face as it fell over.

Embryodad

Okay Embryodad, I recognize ...---... but now I'll have to get DH to translate the rest. :yum: And you knew that I would have to.

We had the same problem with our Siamese kitten one year. She shot up the tree and I'll never forget the expression on her face as it fell over.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ........I knew that...fer sure.