Whats cooking Sunday February 7, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Did I miss the dinner thread?

I have a pork loin roast in the oven. Sides baked potato with sour cream and chives and steamed carrots.

Is anything cooking at your house?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We'll be enjoying leftovers from the Mardi Gras party... gumbo, red beans and rice, po boys and frog's legs.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Roast pork with roast potatoes & carrots, broccoli & brussel sprouts all covered in gravy.

GotGarlic

I'll be making roasted turkey legs with mashed potatoes and gravy left over from Thanksgiving (I made about a half gallon and froze several cups of it), and green beans; I'll probably just add them to the roasting pan for the last 20 minutes or so.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I have a pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker with BBQ sauce. We'll eat BBQ sandwiches with some pork-n-beans, cole slaw, queso and chips, and a banana pudding for dessert. Yummo!

Love2"Q"

grilling a london broil and some foil packet taters .. the taters will get some huntmaster cheese melted on top .. i am in love with this stuff ..
probably some green beans and a salad also ..

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well being the Super bowl today and probably one of three games I've seen this year it will be mostly finger foods in front of the set. I have made some deviled eggs, cold cut - vegetable - cheese platter, ribs, chips and dip as well as beer for the beverage..

Blues Man

It was my parent's 58th wedding anniversary so my wife and I cooked them dinner. We started with my shrimp Havarti ......

100_1067.jpg

100_1068.jpg

For the main course we had grilled pork tenderloin with a Merlot/ blackberry sauce, mashed potatoes and garlic green beans.

100_1070.jpg

It was my parent's 58th wedding anniversary so my wife and I cooked them dinner. We started with my shrimp Havarti ......

100_1067.jpg

100_1068.jpg

For the main course we had grilled pork tenderloin with a Merlot/ blackberry sauce, mashed potatoes and garlic green beans.

100_1070.jpg

Happy Anniversary! The shrimp havarti (etc) looks Mahvelous!!! Can you share the recipes? Drool, drool, slurp, slurp. TIA.

Last edited:

FryBoy

100_1067.jpg

100_1068.jpg

100_1070.jpg
Blues Man, it's time you knew -- you were adopted; I'm your real father! When can I come for dinner?

Blues Man

Thanks CaliforniaCook. I posted the recipe and pics under the seafood forum several months ago. Pretty easy.... Shrimp, butter, garlic and havarti cheese.

GotGarlic

Thanks CaliforniaCook. I posted the recipe and pics under the seafood forum several months ago. Pretty easy.... Shrimp, butter, garlic and havarti cheese.

Wow, a bunch of my favorite ingredients! I was just about to ask for the recipe, too! Thanks! :smile:

High Cheese

Saucier
I was feeling ....herb-ascious.

Chicken breast stuffed with roasted red peppers and goat cheese laced with herb de provence and rosemary. The olive oil used for cooking is infused with garlic, bay leaf, rosemary and thyme.

I'm going to reserve a small amount of the oil for a viniagrette and a simple side salad.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pork loin roast, potatoes mashed with salt, pepper, butter, sour cream and chive.

pork_loin_020710_P1050330.JPG

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanks for making my din-din seem shoddy, guys, i so appreciate that! :). he-he. jake made 'lunch' sammiches well into the afternoon, after 4. (i was snoozin till like 1:45 though).
they were on pretzel-bread. roast beef/turkey. sheesh, that was too much for a lunch, that bread was so hearty there were 4 slices of meat on mine & i was more into the cheddar accompinant than my sammich. i got like 1/4 of that in & jake nary got his whole meal in.
so, in sum, i'm too full for an evening din-din, there's snacks if my stomach gets hungry.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We set up a little finger food table for the game too. Pizza, Ribs, Wings, Chips, Dips, Candy. We had a great day.

buckytom

Grill Master
my best laid plans to smoke some sausage and ribs went by the wayside once again. we ended up going shopping for a tv stand and a blu-ray player. so, i was only able to make loaded nachos and buffalo wings.

how are you supposed to spread refried beans on chips? it was like an episode of "i love lucy" as i tried to apply the thick, sticky refried beans to the light, thin chips. there was bean mush and chips flying everywhere. but, after some made it on to the plate, i added cheese, melted it, and topped it with lettuce, tomato, red onion, jalapenos, salsa and sour cream. good stuff.

High Cheese

Saucier
how are you supposed to spread refried beans on chips?

Warm the beans up in the microwave a sec.

I like tortilla chips with a little beans, some cheddar and a slice of pickled jalepeno on each one. Put under a broiler to heat and melt the cheese.

FryBoy

Made BBQ chicken (cooked in pressure cooker, finished under broiler), corn muffins, coleslaw, and an upside-down chocolate hot fudge cake in the slow cooker (looked like a lump of coal -- or worse -- in the photo, but was it good!).

Attachments

• Chicken, Oven BBQ 2010-02-08.jpg
    Chicken, Oven BBQ 2010-02-08.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 128