What's cooking, Sunday, Jan. 10?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Slow roasted, brined turkey wings with stuffing and glazed carrots. I've still got plenty of corn bread...plus I made brioche this morning

January2010061.jpg

GotGarlic

It's so cold, I have a craving for pot roast - and chuck roast is on sale for $1.98/lb. today only! With mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots. Maybe I'll throw in some green beans, too.

homecook

We're having my special dinner of chicken and rice and will also have a salad. I don't know about a veg yet. I've got a pistachio nut swirl cake in the oven and we'll have some ice cream too.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Looks great Vera!

GG, chuck roast is my favorite kind of pot roast. I say go for it!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
its 14F!! stew is on the menu and either corn bread or biscuits.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Not exactly dinner. My first attempt at a chocolate torte. Made it for a supposed to be bday celebration. Celebration canceled due to illness in the family, so it is all dressed up and no place to go. As you can see in the second pic, There are, however takers for the torte.

Andy

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0256.jpg
    tn_IMG_0256.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 109
  • tn_IMG_0254.jpg
    tn_IMG_0254.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 106

homecook

WOW.......WOW........WOW

That is gorgeous Andy!! What an awesome job.....Can we share?? My birthday is tomorrow!! LOL

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That is amazing, Andy!!! OMG - I need some chocolate now. (The Boyz look like they need some, too.)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Barb - If I had a way to get it there, you would have it.

Terry - We have been running to the kitchen twice to "Just" save it from the Boyz - Liam is an accomplished counter surfer. We have it put away now, which they are not pleased about.

Thank You for the compliments.

vyapti

I was going to make some Mussuman Pumpkin Soup and take another crack at whole wheat bread and some sort of filling for sandwiches, but I'm feeling the need to scale back. I'll make a loaf of bread and some burger buns for the week, but that's about it. Nothing much for dinner tonight. Just pancakes and broiled potatoes.

Not exactly dinner. My first attempt at a chocolate torte. Made it for a supposed to be bday celebration. Celebration canceled due to illness in the family, so it is all dressed up and no place to go. As you can see in the second pic, There are, however takers for the torte.

Andy

Looks like your dogs want some chocolate.

Love2"Q"

going to throw a london broil on the grill ..
with some foil packet taters .. maybe some green beans ..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Andy
BEAUTIFUL ANDY!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Joe, the brioche was magnificent. Made the dough last night. After adding a full cup of butter, it sat in the fridge overnight. 5am I was up and shaping it into the loaves; left it to rise till 7:15. By 8am we were having warm brioche with orange marmalade in bed. Now that's the way to start a winter morning!

Andy, the cake looks magnificent.

Ray, the fish and peas sounds wonderful.

This is a day for comfort food if ever there was one!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Fried Chicken, rice and green beans for DH...mashed cauliflower and vanilla pudding for me...I'll be so glad to get this tooth out tomorrow.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Have a brisket ready to go into the oven in the next few minutes. Will serve it with mashed potatoes, gravy and broccoli. This has got to be one of my favorite meals.

suziquzie

Lord help me I feel bad saying it but I DONT WANNA COOK! lol
Stupid bagels do it to me every weekend.

Probably find the kids some corndogs in the bottom of the freezer and DH and I will snack or skip it.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Well, it's gonna be beer can chicken in the oven with a little experiment a la Buckytom.

Rubbed the chicken with butter spiced with sage, rosemary, thyme, adobo and some salt. Put some rosemary on the beer can.

I remember Bucky roasting Lamb and putting veggies in the bottom of the roaster pan. I put come cut up potatoes there and put some S&P on them. We'll see what I get.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beef stew - bottom round roast cubed and dredged in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper) and browned. Then simmered in beef stock, burgundy wine, gravy master, sautéed mushrooms and onions. Peas, potatoes and carrots added at the end. Steamed broccoli. Cheese biscuits (shredded 4 cheese blend added to the dough) brushed with melted herb butter (the same herbs as added to the dredge flour) before baking.

stew_cheese_biscuits_011010_P1050126.JPG

cheese_biscuits_011010_P1050122.JPG

Last edited: