Maple Meatloaf

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the beef or pork section since it contains both.

Will be making this tomorrow.
=====================

1 lb lean ground beef
8 oz maple-flavored bulk sausage
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 c dry poultry stuffing, like Pepperidge farm
2-3 Tbsp warm water
2 eggs
-------------------
In a large bowl, add stuffing mix and onion. Add 2 tbs of warm water and toss to coat. Crumbs should not be wet, just slightly damp. Let this stand until water is absorbed, maybe 5 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape into loaf and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees (it will rise to 170 during the standing time).

Slice and serve. Mashed potatoes go nicely with this, and of course, gravy that you can make from the wonderful drippings.

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/beef/maple-meatloaf.html

Attachments

• 1-0-3-4-8-1_normal.1604090503.jpg
    1-0-3-4-8-1_normal.1604090503.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 135

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think I would like to try this with regular bulk sausage and stuffing.

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
you gotta' have the meatloaf!

oh, wait! that's not my waiter . . . .

a beef/pork mix is 'common' for meatloaf - but actually I've not tripped over 'why' it is used - better / moister / what'er - anybody know?

I've used panko, oatmeal, cornmeal, fresh bread cubes.... as a dry'em up/filler but not stuffing - that sounds like a good seasoning tip!

anyone tried applesauce in meatloaf? makes for moist and slightly sweet - started that with an Amish recipe that also called for raisins. hmmm, not so hot on the raisin thing tho . . .

Shermie

Site Supporter
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the beef or pork section since it contains both.

Will be making this tomorrow.
=====================

1 lb lean ground beef
8 oz maple-flavored bulk sausage
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 c dry poultry stuffing, like Pepperidge farm
2-3 Tbsp warm water
2 eggs
-------------------
In a large bowl, add stuffing mix and onion. Add 2 tbs of warm water and toss to coat. Crumbs should not be wet, just slightly damp. Let this stand until water is absorbed, maybe 5 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape into loaf and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees (it will rise to 170 during the standing time).

Slice and serve. Mashed potatoes go nicely with this, and of course, gravy that you can make from the wonderful drippings.

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/beef/maple-meatloaf.html

Looks DELISH!!

All you need now is some mashed taters, gravy and a vegetable! :piesmiley1:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I must say the meatloaf came out a bit firmer than I'd expected, but very good and full of flavour.
I'll make it again for sure.