Does anyone remember doing THIS as a kid?

Shermie

Site Supporter
I still do it today when making cake batter, pie fillings or frostings!! The bowl that the batter was made in as well! :eating2:

Attachments

• Marshmallow-Fluff-9-600x400.jpg
    Marshmallow-Fluff-9-600x400.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 257

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yeah- my brother & i would bicker over them. pudding & cake batter, usually. & mashed potato. awesome topics lately, shermie.

Leni

I made a cake for the first time in a long time. Hubby is diabetic. I called him in to lick the icing beaters. That brought back a lot of memories for both of us.

Shermie

Site Supporter
yeah- my brother & i would bicker over them. pudding & cake batter, usually. & mashed potato. awesome topics lately, shermie.

We did also!

We fought tooth & nail over that.

It got so bad that mom & dad stepped in to resolve it. We had to take turns doing it, since there were so many of us!!

Childhood memories!! :readytoeat:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my mom would say she was taking both:ohmy: beaters away & wash 'em if we couldn't agree.
we quickly obliged. we would trade them.

Shermie

Site Supporter
That has happened with us as well!

Mom & dad would make us all take turns doing it because there were so many of us at home.

Oh, the childhood memories of the things that we did as kids never left us!! There's a little kid in ALL of us! :bbq3:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
how 'bout this one- squeezing the redi-whip into your mouth from the cannister~

Shermie

Site Supporter
We did that also!!

Sometimes even today, I STILL might get the urge to do it!! :dizzy::dizzy:

thegrindre

how 'bout this one- squeezing the redi-whip into your mouth from the cannister~
Just did that a few weeks ago. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to now that I'm grown. :)
I made some mini pumpkin pies and instead of getting over spray all over the place, I take a bite of pie then squirt a dab of whipped cream in my mouth, too.

Last edited:

kirbyburt

:lol: I still do when I make cakes. Sometimes I swipe small spoonfuls before I pour the batter into the cake pan and hope it doesn't ruin the cake.lol

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, I forgot about the raw eggs in cake batter. But I don't think it's enough to do any harm.

Shermie

Site Supporter
One of my grand nephews (pictured below) likes to cook & bake, so when he's done making a cake batter and it is in the cake pan & ready to go into the oven, he likes to lick the bowl, beaters and rubber spatula! He likes to do the same thing with the equipment after making frosting for the cake. Gotta love him!!

I visited him & family just last week, and he wanted to help me cook, so I let him help.

He made a perfectly good rolled cake, breakfast, lunch and all!! He even pours a cup of coffee for everyone!!

He loves to cook, and so, his mom lets him help out in the kitchen. He even washes the dishes when the meal is eaten!! What a sweet loving kid!!

I had so much fun with him and his siblings, as well as his mom & dad!!! Looking forward to doing it again someday soon!!

He wants to come up and visit me next summer!! I'll be MORE THAN GLAD to have him visit me!! :blob_blue:

Attachments

• Devon_.jpg
    Devon_.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sherman, I loved having my nephew help me cook and bake when he was a little boy!

He lost interest about the time he was the age of your nephew, though.

Cherish the time you get to cook together!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sherman, I loved having my nephew help me cook and bake when he was a little boy!

He lost interest about the time he was the age of your nephew, though.

Cherish the time you get to cook together!

Lee

Thanks!

So far, he's sticking with it.

I know that someday, he may lose interest and he might possibly move on to something else, but for now, he truly enjoys the opportunity to cook & bake!

He likes to do it so much that he wants to help work with every meal!!

He made breakfast and lunch for us all the time, the whole time that I was there!! He seems really serious about it, and I encourage him to do it more and more!!

Of course, I spoil him rotten over his sister and older brother, mainly because he reminds me so much of my dear late brother, whom he looks like!! No, I can't help it! I love them all very dearly, but THIS boy wants my complete undevided attention, he's very talkative, likes to talk me to death and he asks lots of questions to which I've been, always answer and always will. I'll NEVER push him away, and I can't wait for him to come to Boston next summer and spend some time with me!! :bbq3: :wink:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
One of my grand nephews (pictured below) likes to cook & bake, so when he's done making a cake batter and it is in the cake pan & ready to go into the oven, he likes to lick the bowl, beaters and rubber spatula! He likes to do the same thing with the equipment after making frosting for the cake. Gotta love him!!

I visited him & family just last week, and he wanted to help me cook, so I let him help.

He made a perfectly good rolled cake, breakfast, lunch and all!! He even pours a cup of coffee for everyone!!

He loves to cook, and so, his mom lets him help out in the kitchen. He even washes the dishes when the meal is eaten!! What a sweet loving kid!!

I had so much fun with him and his siblings, as well as his mom & dad!!! Looking forward to doing it again someday soon!!

He wants to come up and visit me next summer!! I'll be MORE THAN GLAD to have him visit me!! :blob_blue:

Handsome young man! :)

Leni

Buzzard, show me siblings that didn't fight over the beaters and the bowl. Mom had to referee my sister and I.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Handsome young man! :)

Thank you!

He makes mey heart soften right up for him!!

I'm just a big soft teddy bear for him and his siblings!!

He knows it! I just can't help it, but I spoil him so much that all I want is to see him happy, playful and silly!!

Seeing him and his siblings happy truly makes ME happy. He always wants me to play cards with him, but he often cheats and laughs about it. I don't mind that at all! He does it all in fun, and he makes me feel like a kid again being with him!! ;)

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here he is again here, doing what he likes to do best!! :applause: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Devaun in the kitchen getting cooking lessons!.jpg
    Devaun in the kitchen getting cooking lessons!.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 107

Shermie

Site Supporter
He's even beat me in a few card games, but it's all in fun!! He truly gets a kick out of it!! :cooking: :thumb: