corn on the cob

KKsMom

Blond Member
How do you cook your corn on the cob? Recently, I have heard many variations such as:
1) Leaving the silk and the husk on the cob, soak in salt water for about an hour- remove the silk and season, grill for 30 mins with husk still on
2) Leaving the silk and the husk on the cob soak in streaming hot water (with lid) for about 30 mins- I guess this is almost like boiling
3) Remove both the husk and silk, wrap in foil, add butter, grill for about 30 mins
4) Remove the silk only and grill with husk still on- season afterwards

So, how do YOU prefer your corn on the cob?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We prefer method 3 but method 1 works too.

I see folks stripping the husk and silk and then boiling. I like on the grill much better.

Jim

RNE228

We do two things....

One, we'll get a pot of water at a rolling boil. Place the dehusked/silked cob into the water. Remove after a minute. It just does a quick par boil basically. Yum! I used to let it boil for a while; I like the 1 minute boil much better.

Two, we'll peel the husk back, remove the silk. pull husk back to original, and toss on the grill.

Sloughhouse corn from outside of Sacramento Ca is famous for yummy sweet corn!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sometimes I wrap mine in bacon and grill it. :)

ummmm that sound sinfully good. :thumb: :D

I like the foil method best on the grill but learned another way last year:

Leave the husk on but cut the top off to make the husk just a tad bigger than the ear of corn inside. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Taked out of microwave and put in a small empty cooler and let it set another 6 minutes. Then remove the shuck and eat. Surprised me but this was just about as good as that cooked on the grill.