JoeC's Member Spotlight

joec

Gold Site Supporter
is it me, or is that guy old and creepy?

reminds me of "big daddy".

It is funny you should mention Big Daddy, as I'm thinking Big Daddy Lounges. I had a high school bud who's name was Theodore Alowishes McLeod that was hugh and dumb as a rock. Some how he wound up the head bouncer for Big Daddies until he shot himself in the stomach playing quick draw with a loaded gun. :yum:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
joec, and here I thought you were a pussy cat! lol You are a very nice man and it sounds as if you had a very exciting life. I am glad that you are happy leading a quiet life these days. Wow!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know who that guy is FM but doubt I would be in that class. I did work as a bouncer in an on premises swingers club for a few months in Miami which I thought was fun. It is now gone so I can tell you the name, Playhouse South. It was owned by some old friends of mine from the CIA if you must know since both are now dead. :yum:

Body guard work was mostly boring in that you travel with some guy/girl that is scared of their own shadow and no one really knows who they are much less cares. Courier work was kind of fun but not really dangerous in that I would fly with something, usually first class, then be picked up at the airport by embassy staff and taken to an embassy. Once done back to the airport and on to the next job.

I guess the best job I had was for two years in a row I went to Costa Rico with a rather famous drug lord's father who had alzheimer's to a whore house. This was his son's birthday present to his father. Well the first time the old man (86 yr. old) picked out 4 women and spent a week in a room with them. The second time was pretty much like the first except he fell coming down a fight of stairs leaving the room, breaking his hip in the process. He died before the next year so that contract ended.

Another good time was going to Montana Deer hunting with an Arab Sheik and once getting there they found out deer's have a split hoves hence against their religious beliefs to eat. Me and the other two body guards left them (15 people) in their cabin while we went deer hunting and got a good one too. :whistling:

Now I also did some serious security work from time to time with the down sides of that being many. It is also the reason I finally quit doing it. Those down sides would be a bullet wound through the left fore arm, 24 clamps close my stomach which was cut open by a machete in a jungle in Nicaragua while traveling with 20 mercenaries, a month in a Columbian prison and being a passenger on a helicopter that fell out of the sky when hit by ground fire. Hence I'm happy I'm still alive and those I told are only because those involved are dead. :yum:

Holy mackerel, Joe!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing holy in that job but it had some really fun moments. :wink:
It sure sounds like it. You could write a book ....changing the names to protect the guilty of course. :yum:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Not many pictures of me out there though I did post some awhile back in another thread here.

Bilby

Wow Joe!!

Now don't know about others here, but I am beginning to think we need to "bump" a few more people off for you so you can share some more of these tales!!! Gives new meaning to "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you"!!! LOL

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I did love your country when I was there last. I never did get to Perth though mostly Syndey and Melbourne.

Bilby

I haven't made it to Sydney but did make it to a couple of places in Melbourne. Had a hire car the last time I was in Melbourne but couldn't find anywhere to park so ended up just driving around for a couple of hours before heading back to the hotel!! Perth is much quieter - a big ol' country town really - yet we are the second most expensive city in the country. So while I would love to recommend Perth to all and sundry, I must recommend Melbourne instead cos it is cheaper!!!

Your memoirs would be a very interesting read Joe. You should consider writing them.