Website question?

Derek

Banned
When some one builds a website What do YOU start with?

I'm havign a delema right now. I don't know if I want to start with all the info from my old site, Adding recipes, photo galleries, and links and so on?

Or do I want to go ahead and work on the front end of the site so I can get the feel of the old site back?

What do you guys and gals think?

Ronjohn

Not from building websites exactly, but from basic publishing (stand back, I have a PR degree and I'm about to use it! :eek:) I'd say you would want to settle on the design and format first.

Then, once you have your basic layout in place, you can add in the actual content for the site. Trying to lay a format down over top of pre arranged content makes things more difficult. (Think of it like putting together a newsletter - you have all the articles in their raw form, and then fit them into the template you want)

Just my $.02

Derek

Banned
Not from building websites exactly, but from basic publishing (stand back, I have a PR degree and I'm about to use it! :eek:) I'd say you would want to settle on the design and format first.

Then, once you have your basic layout in place, you can add in the actual content for the site. Trying to lay a format down over top of pre arranged content makes things more difficult. (Think of it like putting together a newsletter - you have all the articles in their raw form, and then fit them into the template you want)

Just my $.02
Thanks Rj, I was thinking the same thing.