Cheese Twists - 0 points each

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made these for last night's Girl's Friday Cocktail Night.

I misunderstood the directions to this and twisted double the dough. So, I'd give mine 1 WW point+ each, instead of 0 points.

Next time I'll do it right - they're good! Use any seasonings you like. I added fresh minced rosemary to the parm. cheese.

Lee

Cheese Twists, WW

1/3 cup parm. cheese
1 teas. paprika (I used smoked)
1/8 teas. ground red pepper (I used chipotle)
1 (10 oz) can pizza dough, refrigerated
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl.

Unroll pizza dough and roll into a 12 x 8 inch rectangle. Lightly spray the dough with cooking spray and sprinkle with half the cheese mixture.

Fold the dough in half to form an 8 x 6 inch rectangle. Spray the top of the dough with cooking spray and spread the rest of the cheese mixture on top, pressing it in with your fingers.

Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Using a pizza wheel or a knife, cut the dough into 16 strips (8 inches long). Pick up both ends of each strip, twist and place on baking sheet.

Bake at 425 for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.

Remove twists from pan and cool on wire rack.

Attachments

• Cheese twists.JPG
    Cheese twists.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 923

LADawg

These do sound good. How would is be to sprinkle a very light sprinkle of course or Kosher salt on them before baking would be?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
These do sound good. How would is be to sprinkle a very light sprinkle of course or Kosher salt on them before baking would be?

I think that would be great, LA. I was afraid to add salt, because I didn't know how salty the parm would be.

But, heck, I'm a salt-lover, and it would be perfect for my cocktail parties! :drink2:

Lee