I need good quality ice cube trays

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Last year I swapped my side by side for a separate fridge and freezer and no more icemaker.

I went to an upscale discount shop and had, in my hand, $20 ice cube trays, then put them back. Instead I got the kind from a discount shop and they have all cracked.

I need something simple but functional. What do you all swear by?

Thanks !

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
My ice maker quit awhile back so I went to trays too. I went to Walmart and bought Rubbermaid easy release trays. I really like them. They work great. You barely have to twist them and they release the cubes. I think they were 2 or 3 dollars apiece. They have lasted quite a while now.

2867-xlarge.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
There are some things in life I won't do without and the ice maker is one of them. I have to fight mine a couple of times each year but it is almost always a cube jammed or something blocking the sensor or the bin needs defrosted. I use mine all day long and can't imagine going back to trays.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I bought 4 of these sevearal years ago and LOVE them! Still as good as the day I bought them. Best part is they stack beautifully; flat, no tipping over and water spilling all over trying to stack them just right. And I can put things on top if necessary and not worry about anything getting in the cubes.

http://www.oxo.com/p-1041-ice-cube-tray.aspx

Attachments

• oxo.jpg
    oxo.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 195

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
There are some things in life I won't do without and the ice maker is one of them. I have to fight mine a couple of times each year but it is almost always a cube jammed or something blocking the sensor or the bin needs defrosted. I use mine all day long and can't imagine going back to trays.

It's true, we loved the ice maker and the water on the door, too. But I have an enormous 24 cubic foot freezer instead and we love that too !

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I bought 4 of these sevearal years ago and LOVE them! Still as good as the day I bought them. Best part is they stack beautifully; flat, no tipping over and water spilling all over trying to stack them just right. And I can put things on top if necessary and not worry about anything getting in the cubes.

http://www.oxo.com/p-1041-ice-cube-tray.aspx

I had a $50 gift card at a nearby store and got 2 of these. It was the only kind they had but they look pretty good and they were under $5 each.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Good ice cube trays are awfully hard to get in my neighborhood!!! All they got are those cheap & flimsy ones that split, crack and break within a short time!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
If the kind that are a dollar last a year, that's not so bad. I don't want to pay shippping for everything I buy.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm going to look the next time that I'm at BB&B, which will be in about two weeks. Gotta go there anyway.