Outage

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Power outage got us again. Back up now and ready for the holiday. Happy 4th everyone. :beer:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Power outage

Another outage. My area has been hit hard with with torrential thunder storms the past week or so. Plus rain daily does not help matters any. Flash flood watches in effect all over. There was a power blip at our server site but when power was back on we were still out of business. Was afraid of a hardware failure, but it appears it must have been an outage at our ISP. Still not sure, but we are back.

below is a pic of a road about 10 miles from our server site:

Attachments

• RoadGone.jpg
    RoadGone.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 49

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

What the heck happened there, Doc? Looks like a ... what do you call it? A fault? Earthquake? Sink hole??

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

to much rain I guess. That is what they are blaming it on. I'm glad I'm high on a hill else I'd probably be floating. the WV county across the river from me, and where that sink hole is, was declared a disaster area. It's a mess.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It appears our UPS is doing us no good at all. Every little power blip we lose everything. Then when the server comes up I have DB errors galore. We are back. Sorry for the outage. Now we have to shop for a good UPS unit. I might have a spare at home ....hoping.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here we go again ..... Another outage. Storm rolled through here and knocked out power at the data server place. Power back on at a little after 10. Servers back up around 1030 ...with plenty of database errors. Database errors all fixed around 12:40. What a night. This crap has to end.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Again, thank you, Doc, for working so hard to get us back up and running!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Here we go again ..... Another outage. Storm rolled through here and knocked out power at the data server place. Power back on at a little after 10. Servers back up around 1030 ...with plenty of database errors. Database errors all fixed around 12:40. What a night. This crap has to end.
Thanks for getting us all back together again.
:D

Johnny West

We are in the middle of a little wind storm here, trees down, power on and off around the area, mine just briefly. My yard is covered with fir debris.