Growing chilies 2015

Saliha

I haven´t tried chilies before so this all is new for me. Let´s see how it goes. I sowed chilies today to two containers and put them to enjoy sunlight to the windowsill.

Here they are:

sv0f8bdwlhah.jpg

wbfp942zl1mg.jpg

When I look them it feels like the spring would soon be here...

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
it's going to be a challenge. peppers/chili like strong sun and hot hot hot weather coupled with nice damp roots....

it's gonna' be a sun&heat thing.....

Saliha

My chilies grow well:

uebz813ibx80.jpg

The weather forecast told that the next summer will be hot. Its good for chilies I think. I also have seeds to Shark Fin Melons (from Thailand). Tropical weather will be welcomed.

:thumb: Wish me luck.

Saliha

Chilies are growing well. Hot chilies:

54cgjwjjtwm1.jpg

Sweet chilies are a bit smaller:

gham8j3qyhf5.jpg

Waiting a harvest season already... :cooking:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your chile plants look great, Saliha! You've inspired me to start a few seeds indoors, too!

Yesterday was such a nice day in Boston that I planted 3 Holy Mole chile pepper seeds that Leni sent me. I planted them outside, just to see what would happen (I know, it's way too early for this area, but what the heck).

Lee

Saliha

Good luck with chilies. I have plenty of pots on my windowsills: tomatos, basils, flowers and more will come.

This is my "pots in everywhere"- time.

Saliha

At the end of July hot chilies started to make fruits.

MHiYgi2l.jpg

Now they have quite much fruits which have started to change their color from green to orange and red.

AJksu37.jpg

24G4mUd.jpg

PkmZXJW.jpg

uToT4ZC.jpg

Saliha

Chilis are now indoors and they have dropped many of the leaves as usually. Good thing is that they have also started to grow new leaves.

PmM6GWU.jpg

7KJebbZ.jpg

They still have few fruits (Update after taking those pictures: but now they are softened and picked away).

RXBpzl9.jpg

They grow now better than at the last winter. Maybe because they are older and stronger.

progress.gif