Fried Hot Dog and Egg Sandwich

K

Kimchee

Tasty!
Slice some franks (these are Nathan's) and fry in butter. Set to the side.
Use same pan to fry an egg or two.
Slap eggs on a bun (these are onion), top with cheese. Franks go on
the other side.
Slather liberally with hot sauce of choice. (This is Franks Hot Sauce.)
Ignore your screaming clogged arteries and eat eat eat! :clap:

Attachments

• FriedHotDogEggSand.jpg
    FriedHotDogEggSand.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 893

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Absolute comfort food! Every once in a while you just have to ignore those screaming arteries. Love Nathan's, that's the only weiner that I buy.

homecook

omg.......heart attack on a plate!

That's a breakfast, lunch or dinner...Looks great to me! Hahaha....my son just saw these and wants some for lunch...:mrgreen:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I love sammies like that. Butter, butter and more butter. Don't forget to butter the bun.

K

Kimchee

Hot Dogs were staple foods, back in the Boy Scout Days.
Fried, boiled, baked, burnt, browned...
We used them for almost anything, LOL!
Course, they were 79 cent Gwaltney mystery meats back then, hahahaha!

chowhound

I've made them lots of ways, too; fried in butter, grilled, boiled... I even made rippers one time. They were pretty good, too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
MMmm that gives me an idea!
Beanie Weenies over fried eggs, with cheese on English muffins.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mMMM that looks great, Kimchee!

I was going to ask you if you knew chowdog - his kind of meal! Well, mine, too, but I haven't tried it yet!

Chow, what's a "ripper"? Not when the casing splits, is it? LOL!

Lee

K

Kimchee

I have civilized meals.... and then the ones i do when The Boss is out of town...
classic "man" fare sometimes, LOL!

chowhound

mMMM that looks great, Kimchee!

I was going to ask you if you knew chowdog - his kind of meal! Well, mine, too, but I haven't tried it yet!

Chow, what's a "ripper"? Not when the casing splits, is it? LOL!

Lee

I've only made them once. Didn't get as nice a split as I would have liked, but you get the idea.
Deep fried hot dogs! Made famous in Joisey. Just google ruts rippers (or something like that).

Attachments

• rippers1.jpg
    rippers1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 911
  • rippers2.jpg
    rippers2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 820
K

Kimchee

Those look really good too.
I do believe we might be having us some dogs before too long....

chowhound

Thanks Kimchee.
The warm relish, consisting of green bell peppers, onion and diced jalapeno pepper, was a lovely compliment to the deep fried ripper...
lololololol

I gotta get some hot dogs now ;^)

K

Kimchee

A Sunday ritual for my wife and I is a visit to Costco. We wander around and munch on the free appetizers ;), then we have our $1.50 footlong dog and a Coke. Costco has fresh onions, kraut, relish, 2 mustards and ketchup to adorn them.
Not bad.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, were they as good as they looked? Or does the idea sound better than they were in reality?

Lee

chowhound

Wow, were they as good as they looked? Or does the idea sound better than they were in reality?

Lee

They're good, but it's the idea, too. They're worth cooking more than once. I'd say it's 65/35.
If you have the Travel Channel, they just did show called Deep Fried Paradise. It's ending as I type this. And they featured rippers from Rut's Hut in Clifton, NJ.
So they must be good :lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've only made them once. Didn't get as nice a split as I would have liked, but you get the idea.
Deep fried hot dogs! Made famous in Joisey. Just google ruts rippers (or something like that).
Those look delicious Fred, but do they come out a little tough with the deep frying?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Holy cow those fried hot dog and egg sandwiches do look awesome!!!

But, alas, not with my arteries I can't:sad:

I have heard about rippers as well, but again same problem... grrr.... still I think I will put these on my list of things to 'slip in' once in a great while when I just gotta indulge!

chowhound

Those look delicious Fred, but do they come out a little tough with the deep frying?

I was watching the show on these last night on Deep Fried Paradise on the Travel Channel. There are like four different stages to these and mine would be about in the middle. They were not tough. The ones on the show that were really split, practically from one side to the other, looked pretty tough. They had some funny name for them and were not as popular.