Sunday Special - Songs of 1964

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Sunday Special - Songs of 1964

1. In January, 1964, a goofy song peaked at #4 on the charts. There wasn't much to it. Almost half the song repeated these words - "Papa-oom-mow-mow, papa-oom-mow-mow". What was the song's title?

2. "I try to drum up a phrase that will sum up, All that I feel for you. But what good are phrases, the thought that amazes, Is that you love me, and it's heavenly...”

3. "Walking through the park, it wasn't quite dark There was a man sitting on a bench Out of the crowd as his head lowly bowed He just moaned and he made no sense He'd just go" What classic line followed in this Major Lance hit?

4. The Beach Boys had a #5 hit in March, 1964 with "Fun, Fun, Fun". They tell the story of a young lady who get's grounded for having too much fun tooling around in her car when she should be in the library studying. Then her daddy______________.

5. "Oh, I don't tell you what to say, I don't tell you what to do So just let me be myself, that's all I ask of you I'm young and I love to be young, I'm free and I love to be free To live my life the way I want, to say and do whatever I please".....

6. "Every time you kiss me, I'm still not certain that you love me Every time you hold me, I'm still not certain that you care"

7. "You're still glowin', you're still crowin' You're still goin' strong We feel the room swayin' While the band's playin' One of your old favorite songs from way back when"... Yes or No - Was this song a #1 hit?

8. "As a matter of opinion I think he's tops My opinion is he's the cream of the crop As a matter of taste to be exact He's my ideal as a matter of fact" What was the title of this hit, the first #1 song on the Motown Label?

9. "Please lock me away and don't allow the day Here inside, where I hide with my loneliness"

10. "Spring is here, the sky is blue, Birds all sing as if they knew, Today's the day we'll say 'I do', And we'll never be lonely anymore"

11. "They say roses are red and violets are purple Sugar is sweet and so is maple syrple Well I'm the seventh out of seven sons My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun."

12. This was another Beach Boys classic. "I'm gettin' bugged driving up and down the same old strip I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip" The song - "I Get Around". According to the lyrics, to what new place do the boys go?

13. "Long distance information, give me ________________ Help me find a party that tried to get in touch with me. She could not leave a number but I know who placed the call 'cause my uncle took a message and he wrote it on the wall"...

14. "When she walks, she's like a samba That swings so cool and sways so gentle That when she passes, each one she passes goes - aah"

15. "You make my heart go giddy-up You're as sweet as candy You're my sugar dandy" Of whom are we speaking?
1. Surfin' Bird
2. There! I've Said It Again
3. Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
4.Took her T-Bird away
5. You Don't Own Me
6. Suspicion
7. "Hello Dolly" reached #1 on May 9th, 1964
8. My Guy
9. World Without Love
10. Chapel Of Love
11. Dang Me
12. Memphis, Tennessee
14. The Girl From Ipanema
15. My Boy Lollipop

[/FONT]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Moxie missed 3 .... I think I GOT 3. Maybe 4.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I must be to young (I wish) ...well for this one anyway. I got Ziltch. :hide: