Chef Anthony Bourdain Calls Paula Deen 'the Worst, Most Dangerous Person'

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Guess there must be something wrong with me if I like Paula Deen!:whistle:

Chef Anthony Bourdain Calls Paula Deen 'the Worst, Most Dangerous Person'

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain has turned his famously sharp tongue against his fellow celebrity chefs, the New York Post reported Thursday. In an interview in this week's "TV Guide", Bourdain calls Paula Deen "the worst, most dangerous person to America" for her artery-clogging style of cooking.

Read more about Paula Deen and Mr. Bourdain's opinion of Rachael Ray: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...en-worst-most-dangerous-person/#ixzz1VQJ3Qsda

GotGarlic

He does it for the shock effect - gets ratings for his own show. I'm not defending Paula Deen, though. Her style of cooking isn't for me.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do not know much of Anthony Bourdain but the little I have seen has given me the impression he is rather pompous. I'm not impressed.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i luv bourdain. he may be rather brash, as he's straightforward & says it it like it is. & the guy's hilarious. we went to see him in person awhile ago. there, the show was un-cut.
on tv, they take the juciest pieces & sew them together for an interesting piece & leave the other segements, his respect for other Chefs, his humbler self, his family, & so on from the show

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
From the man who makes mega bucks eating some of the nastiest food in the world.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love to watch and listen to Anthony. I love Paula's recipes.

I had a cookbook of each of them: kept hers ("Lady and Sons"), gave his ("Les Halles") to a fellow foodie.

Can't eat Paula's stuff every day, not even every week. But I'll NEVER make any of the recipes in "Les Halles".

Lee

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm with luvs - I really like Bourdain. And I agree with him about Paula Deen. It's about time one of them called her out publicly.

I've been to The Lady & Sons, and it is NAS-TY!!! It was the heaviest, greasiest, lukewarm buffet I've ever seen.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's just a shame that some people feel the need to step on others to pick themselves up. Paula's food may not be the healthiest but apparently enough people like her style of cooking to have made her a multi-millionaire. People need to be responsible for their own lives and quit blaming others for their own poor decisions. No one is forcing anyone to eat her food....they eat it by choice.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
It's just a shame that some people feel the need to step on others to pick themselves up. Paula's food may not be the healthiest but apparently enough people like her style of cooking to have made her a multi-millionaire. People need to be responsible for their own lives and quit blaming others for their own poor decisions. No one is forcing anyone to eat her food....they eat it by choice.

Mama, I enjoy her show, kind of reminds me of some of the things my Grandmother cooked. I was raised on fried food, we even fried the okra!

I don't eat much fried any more but I enjoy thinking about it :mrgreen:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Me too Jim...I like to watch her show from time to time. She seems like a good person.

I thought everybody fried okra :lol: Down here we call it "southern popcorn".

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I have to admit a grudging fondness for Anthony Bourdain, and I really enjoyed listening to his latest book, "Medium Rare", as an audiobook, because he read it himself. The entire first chapter is about his attending a secret chefs' society meeting in France where they dined on ortolan, a protected species of bird. It was pretty disgusting when he talked about popping the bird's head in his mouth. Yuk. I think he is WAY too full of himself, but that is his schtick. And, he is very handsome. And he certainly knows it. But I would never cook anything from his cookbook, either.

As for Paula Deen, I have a personal aversion to using alot of processed foods in my cooking, and she uses too many cake mixes, etc. for my tastes. That's just me. But she seems to be a sincere and straight-forward woman, and she certainly has a following. As Mama says, people need to assume responsibility for what they eat. I agree with Mama 100%. Well said.

K

Kimchee

secret chefs' society meeting in France where they dined on ortolan, a protected species of bird.

Never having seen him, I now have no interest.
His willingness to break the law so he can eat a bird speaks volumes about his
psychology to me. Frankly, I think he's an ass.

Carolina Cooking

Never having seen him, I now have no interest.
His willingness to break the law so he can eat a bird speaks volumes about his
psychology to me. Frankly, I think he's an ass.

I couldn't agree more. He is a Ass.

As for Paula, I used to really like & admire her. Not so much anymore. I don't like her salty way of talking. Or her trashy antics.That show she had or has Paulas Party is full of her trashy antics. Thats not what a cooking show is about to me.
And let me tell you her Lady & Sons is LOUSY.

Bet he has some choice words to say about Flay & the rest of those full of themself ppl. I can't stand any of them.

lilylove

I like Paula's recipes. She cooks like I "want" to eat. Nope, can't eat that way every day but sure wish I could. I can't watch her show any more though.. she's too loud and hyper for me.

loboloco

I kinda like Ms Deen, at least she knows how to cook and talk. Bumbledain is an idiot and his cooking is terrible.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

I didn't know he also blasted Guy Fieri and Sandra Lee.

More at the NY Post:

The knives are out for Anthony Bourdain after he blasted fellow TV chef Paula Deen, calling her the “most dangerous person in America.”
Deen, searing back after “No Reservations” star Bourdain gave her and fellow Food Network chefs Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri and Sandra Lee a roasting, exclusively told Page Six:
“Anthony Bourdain needs to get a life. You don’t have to like my food, or Rachael’s, Sandra’s and Guy’s. But it’s another thing to attack our character. I wake up every morning happy for where I am in life. It’s not all about the cooking, but the fact that I can contribute by using my influence to help people all over the country. In the last two years, my partners and I have fed more than 10 million hungry people by bringing meat to food banks.”

Article continues at link

Carolina Cooking

you know ,when she said come to my restaurant, I said 'oh no you do want him to do that lol..
She turned that over to her sons & I don't think she steps a foot in the place. If she did she would take over the kitchen. Its really bad. Lot of it is canned & not fresh made at all. It s over crowded & really noisy. Not worth the money to eat there. Its like cafeteria food . I go to Savannah & Hilton Head & there are some awesome food places. Robert Levine has one EAT in HH & it is pretty good.

Norm

I agree: he is a ass. On egullet someone asked to name the chefs they most admired. I was shocked to see his name on virtually every list. As a person, i think he is an egomaniac who loves to tear down other celebrity cooks. He has made fun of others and the entire food network as well.. I think they fired him so he tries to get even.

Even his writing style is pompous and self serving.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so i suppose not 1 person that posted to this has not, in thier entirety, talked smack on another, or thought it though didn't have the guts to verbalize it, or harbored or expressed a disdain for another while remaining faultless themselves. so he chose the path less travelled, jaded & onto a new career. a few times. so.
as much as yinz judge him for talking about deen, think of food celebs & those you may have posted, spoken or thought unkindly toward. how is that different than him judging her.......

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I do enjoy him and I don't find it necessary to defend his boorishness, which is evident and sometimes annoying. Like many other celebrities, he has found something that works for him - that sets him apart from others, and he uses it. I have a friend who met him at a book signing...she stepped outside for a cigarette and found him there in the smoking section, as well. He was modest and utterly charming. His public persona is what sells books, personal appearances, etc.

Norm

I have my opinions about people and if you ask, I'll tell you. I am not perfect either and if someone wants to say thing about me, go ahead. The fact remains that I don't think much of Borudain and haven't since about the third episode of his show on Food Network many years ago. If I met him in person I might change my mind. I don't think much of Emeril as a TV Personality either but I know he is an amazingly successful restauranteur and businessman.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I find Anthony Bourdain entertaining. Paula has gotten a little silly (especailly Paula's Party :ermm:), but I still think she cooks some pretty good looking food.

:encore:I'm guilty on bashing Sandra Lee :yum::yum:. She's just bashable.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I find Anthony Bourdain entertaining.

Paula has gotten a little silly (especailly Paula's Party :ermm:), but I still think she cooks some pretty good looking food.

:encore:I'm guilty on bashing Sandra Lee :yum::yum:.

Yup!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_aSglGw88U[/ame]

Yup!!
Wait.. what is that???

paula-deen-eating-1.jpg

With all the dough she's raking in, she needs to purchase a good bra.. goodness!

eeeeeeeeeek.jpg

:yum::whistling:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Never even watched the guy. Just from what I have read, he sounds like the Howard Stern of chefs.

Phiddlechik

No, not the Howard Stern of chefs, he's just not bubbly nice. Or should I say, saccharin sweet like some. I like watching him. PD has made a living out of butter and gravy. I can't watch her anymore, I'd like to eat healthier and her shows are anything but!
and Ted Nugent always cracks me up. He's know to come up to some relatives in our neck of the woods to hunt.