What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had bought a fundraiser box of cookie dough that a coworker's kid was selling for school so I've been plopping and baking.
These will go to work with me tonight for our holiday snack and share table.
I've got another dozen to bake.

20181115_173442-664x767.jpg

20181115_173352-768x768.jpg

Had to sample some to make sure they weren't poisonous ( as my Dad used to say)..
Lol

Johnny West

Those look excellent. We bought several boxes of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and will have to try them.

I'm making a two pies for Thanksgiving - pumpkin using sugar pumpkin we cooked down and froze and a golden delicious French apple pie from apples given to us by a friend we seldom see. She's given over 250 pounds of apples away from her to trees.

I'll be making several different breads, cookies, and cake for church coming up. I saw a thing on Facebook about making individual pecan pies and will give that a try, as well.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Those look excellent. We bought several boxes of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and will have to try them.

I'm making a two pies for Thanksgiving - pumpkin using sugar pumpkin we cooked down and froze and a golden delicious French apple pie from apples given to us by a friend we seldom see. She's given over 250 pounds of apples away from her to trees.

I'll be making several different breads, cookies, and cake for church coming up. I saw a thing on Facebook about making individual pecan pies and will give that a try, as well.
Johnny can you please post a link to the individual pecan pies. TIA

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Thanks John.
I sent the picture to Jeff last night and when he saw the box of cookie dough, he said gee, Mom, I see you went all out.

Wise guy!
Lol

Johnny West

It's going all out when we support the kids on their fundraiser's. IMO. The cookies aren't bad, either.

My pecan pie tarts will be in the standard muffin pan.

I found a GF pie crust and GF madeleine recipe and will make a test batch of madeleines today.

Johnny West

I didn't like this GF Madeleine recipe and will try a different one or modify the one i used to make. This didn't have enough lemon. For some reason one side of my over is hotter which I never experienced before. Next time will use convection and cut back time.

Attachments

• #####Maddies.jpg
    #####Maddies.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 162
  • #####Maddies II.jpg
    #####Maddies II.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 159

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The oatmeal raisin cookies.
I've had like 5 already, but who's counting?
Burnt my tongue on a hot, scorching stray raisin that hit the counter too.
:yum:

20181120_113447-768x688.jpg

Johnny West

I just took out a pumpkin pie and put in a French Apple Pie.

I used Mrs. Cunningham's recipe for the pumpkin pie and Betty Crocker's recipe for the apple pie.

Attachments

• #####Pumkin Pie.jpg
    #####Pumkin Pie.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 259
  • #####French Apple Pie I.jpg
    #####French Apple Pie I.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 261

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't eat sweets often, but those cookies and pies look terrific!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't normally either Lee ( eat a lot of sweets).
I think they're more enjoyable when one doesn't live alone. :wink:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Re: What are you baking today?

Not sure about today, but I was a busy camper yesterday with Hot Cross Buns, Easter Bread and Italian Bread...Oh, and a batch of cake cookies not shown.

P1010492.jpg

Looks like you got another KA mixer. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just took out a pumpkin pie and put in a French Apple Pie.

I used Mrs. Cunningham's recipe for the pumpkin pie and Betty Crocker's recipe for the apple pie.

I just made 2 sweet potato pies for tomorrows dinner at a friend's house.
Here's one of them.:wow:

Attachments

• Sweet potato pie. 2.jpg
    Sweet potato pie. 2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice pie, Shermie!

I'd seen that piece, Chowdah!
Nice what she's doing there with pie art.
I'll take the one with Peanuts characters.
Cute!

Johnny West

Here's the Marion Berry Pie I made and can't wait to try a small piece.

Attachments

• #####Marion Berry II.jpg
    #####Marion Berry II.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 253

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Sass and Lucky.

Beautiful pie JW.

Here is a picture of the baked apple pie

apple_pie_112118_IMG_5075.JPG

Johnny West

I put a new thermometer in the oven and it is heating 100 degrees hotter than what the oven is set on. I'll be calling Mr. Appliance tomorrow. I turned the oven down 100 degrees and my gratin came out just right.

Johnny West

Mr Appliance is coming Monday.

Today i'll bake cookies for church tomorrow and will adjust the oven according to the thermometer.

Matt made this frangipane for their Thanksgiving dinner.

Attachments

• #####Frangipane.jpg
    #####Frangipane.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 248

Cooksie

Site Supporter
IMG-7095-1.jpg

Not a baker, not at all, but these came out pretty good. I was looking for a more chewy peanut butter cookie, but these came out more like a peanut butter shortbread cookie. I used the classic peanut butter cookie recipe from allrecipes. I'll probably put a little dab of nutella :wub: on the top before eating.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
IMG-7095-1.jpg

Not a baker, not at all, but these came out pretty good. I was looking for a more chewy peanut butter cookie, but these came out more like a peanut butter shortbread cookie. I used the classic peanut butter cookie recipe from allrecipes. I'll probably put a little dab of nutella :wub: on the top before eating.
OH YUM!

I have milk! I think those are my favorite cookies after shortbread.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Made the Yorkshire Puddings ahead of time to accompany dinner tonight.
Tricky devils.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/22539/quick-and-easy-yorkshire-pudding/

Quick and Easy Yorkshire Pudding

• Prep
    10 m
  • Cook
    30 m
  • Ready In
    40 m
Recipe By:BLU_17
"A great, quick and easy recipe for Yorkshire pudding. Everybody loves 'em!"
Ingredients

• 3 eggs
  • 1 cup milk

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in flour. Set aside.
  3. Divide butter evenly into the twelve cups of a muffin tin, about 1/2 teaspoon per cup. Place tin in oven to melt butter, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove tin from oven, and distribute batter evenly among buttery cups.
  4. Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake 25 minutes more or until puffed and golden.

20190214_131123-768x768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.