Mother's Day

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
What are you doing for Mother's Day?
Normally, my sisters and I take my grandmother to the cemetery where my mom's ashes are and then take her to lunch, but, that isn't happening this year with her being so bad off. I think me and my oldest will go do something.
dh isn't allowed to go:mrgreen:

smoke king

Banned
Mrs SK will be working out of town, so we'll celebrate when she returns next week. Sammy and I will visit Aunt Mary at the home, and as sad as this sounds, if Sammys mom isn't drinking, I'll take him to see her too. Fortunately, and unfortunately, Sammy understands the situation. It breaks my heart that an 8 year old has to process this kind of stuff.

Oh, and I made "Oaxacan fudge bars with an Oatmeal/Cashew topping for each of them!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Mrs SK will be working out of town, so we'll celebrate when she returns next week. Sammy and I will visit Aunt Mary at the home, and as sad as this sounds, if Sammys mom isn't drinking, I'll take him to see her too. Fortunately, and unfortunately, Sammy understands the situation. It breaks my heart that an 8 year old has to process this kind of stuff.

Oh, and I made "Oaxacan fudge bars with an Oatmeal/Cashew topping for each of them!

you can bring me some !!:whistling::D

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

want to send some my way SK?..lol

i have a friend that has a "Bar" in Oaxaca...his bar consists of a tiki hut and a bunch of coolers..lmao

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I will be going to an ice cream social with my mom. It is going to be a colder day so I don't want to take her out until the weather picks up a bit.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Two of three kids will be in town along with future son-in-law, so DW will be pleased. Taking DW to the breakfast fundraiser (Habitat for Humanity) at the church then getting home and start cranking out the menu. DW wants meatloaf burgers on the grill, macaroni salad and baked beans. Pretty simple prep. I'm making fresh honey whole wheat rolls for the burgers (3 oz) on Saturday, then cranking out a fresh apple pie before church on Sunday. DD is bringing an appy and corn on the cob, I picked up some Garbonzo beans to make roasted red pepper & garlic hummus with fresh whole wheat roti bread, and we have salsa and dippin chips as well. There will be no shortage of food, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Love2"Q"

we will go strawberry picking with my wife and kids and
my mom ... my dad might not be working and he may even go ..
then i will cook everyone dinner while my mom has her one beer
until thanksgiving ..
amd i will try to come up with something to do with 47 lbs of strawberries ..

Wasabi

The woman in the family usually go to a sunday brunch, but this year, my dad is recuperating from knee surgery and mom wants to stay home with him, so we're having lunch at mom's this year.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I would like to take DW to Alexanders, her favorite pancake house, for eggs benedict but it depends on her clients paying her.
Later when the kids are in their church club I will take her to the Brown Cow for some ice cream. Might get her some chocolates from Worlds Finest Chocolates. They always have some cool Mothers Day baskets and packages.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My brother and the wife are coming over to take Mom to lunch.
I'll be taking her to a late supper.
She wants steak.
Will I eat a steak too?
Hmmmm lol ;)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had our mothers day back in March.

I wish all the mother's out there a lovely day.

Lefty

Yank
I will be taking her to Mother's Day breakfast at the American Legion. Then off to visit her mother. We will grab some lunch while we are out then come home and relax.

GrantsKat

Well with 9 weeks to go until my baby is born, Im not feeling like doing much of anything! lol
My oldest woke up with a fever:sad: Its ok though, everyday is special for me when I can enjoy my beautiful boys:in_love:

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!!!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well with 9 weeks to go until my baby is born, Im not feeling like doing much of anything! lol
My oldest woke up with a fever:sad: Its ok though, everyday is special for me when I can enjoy my beautiful boys:in_love:

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!!!!

only 9 weeks left!! YAY!!!:bouncy:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
After a gym workout (if I ever get off this thing and out of the house:wink:) Lou and I are going to brunch. My son is coming by later this afternoon...my daughter cannot get off work today and I miss not seeing her.:sad:

My mom's in florida...sent her a pretty bracelet and orchids.

Mr. Green Jeans

It is going to be an awesome spring day here in the PNW. I'm taking DW for a bike ride on a nearby rail-trail. Dinner is MIL's request; Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and a cherry crisp. Reads like a Swanson TV dinner to me but it is HER day.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Going to the Red and Green Brazilian Steakhouse with DH, DD and future SIL.

Biskit

DW 's working, today. Mother's Day is a hard one for her. Both of her children are deceased. I get her a card, flowers, or something. This year, it's a balloon and a rose with baby's breath. I'll see if she wants to go out for supper.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
My Mother died in 1989 so for today i went to Jimmy Johns sandwich place and got the Big John. ANNNNNNND..... there was hardly any meat in the damn thing! :ohmy: This has tarnished my Mothers Day!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My Mother died in 1989 so for today i went to Jimmy Johns sandwich place and got the Big John. ANNNNNNND..... there was hardly any meat in the damn thing! :ohmy: This has tarnished my Mothers Day!

Aww sorry Sush.
Happy Mother's Day anyway ya loveable mutha :)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am so sorry DS... what do you want me to throw onto the smoker in you and your mothers honor?

i cant imagine what it would feel like to have that loss..:unsure::sad:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, Sushi, I'm really sorry. I guess I forget today is painful or sad to people who have lost their mothers. Big hugs to you today, my friend.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter

I'm another motherless one - my mum died in 1996, so our mothers day (usually in March) is based around DW.