I love store-bought rotisserie chickens!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They are HOT, tender, juicy and only $4.99 at BJ's Wholesale Club!!

You can't make them yourself for less! And they smell so damned good in the car on the way home that you want to tear into them as soon as you walk in the door.

Which is just what I did tonight. mmmm- MMMM!

Could eat them every night. And I might do just that for awhile!

Should have taken a picture before I lit into it. :smile:

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Well, I'm glad you ate something good!

I can honestly say I've never tried a store roasted chicken. I see them in these little covered containers at the grocery, and I think they're probably just overcooked. The skin always looks soggy from sitting in its little lidded container, creating steam. I'm glad to hear that BJ's makes a good one.

buckytom

Grill Master
me three, lee! i love the lemon pepper ones. i don't know how they get them so lemony sweet but they're really good.

the skin does get a bit ooky after a while of sitting covered up, so i"ve seen people queue up, ready for when they come out fresh, hot, and crispy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, hello dear!
I am hoping the sun is once again shining for you ;)

I love rotisserie chickens too.
Meijer and some of the larger supermarkets have both the lemon pepper and a bbq bird.
My local market has just a plain or a q'd bird.
Like you, I adore the smell and could rip it apart and make a meal of it on it's own.
Normally I cut some of the breast off and have a leg, then pick at the tiny wings.

The rest is used for sandwiches or in another dish.
They are very convenient for someone like me.

K

Kimchee

I love them for roasted chicken meat. I bring them home and bone them.
The dogs get the leavings chopped up for dinner treats..
I use the meat in casseroles, stir fries, noodle bowls, soups and a plethora
of other ways!

The local Krogers puts them on half price when they are "day old", which is actually
the same day they are roasted.... $2.99!!! Woo hoo!
They do the same with fried chicken, and I do the same with it.

Still roast the occasional chicken, but usually we do bone-in, skin on breasts.
(Monday's dinner is going to be them stuffed with sauteed mushrooms, a greens mix
and Boursin garlic herb cheese.)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
One day I was in the supermarket at the end of the day and they were selling them off cheap - I got several, took them home, appreciating the aroma. Then I pulled them apart and froze the meat for sasndwiches etc. Has some nibbles in the process.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love them too! I buy mine at Sam's Club. They're wonderful for making chicken salad too! I used one for this chicken salad:

Attachments

• chicken-salad-sandwich-1.jpg
    chicken-salad-sandwich-1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 180

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Add me to the list. I do it at least once a week, if not it's Peruvian Charcoal Chicken from just down the street. LOVE IT!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Put me on the list, too. They are very popular here, and lusciously seasoned. I have one of those Ron Popeil rotisserie things, and a Farberware rotisserie AND my convection oven does rotisserie chicken, but I can never get them to taste as juicy and good as the ones I buy. One of the BEST things here is that they put little potatoes underneath the turning chickens and the potatoes are scrumptious, roasted with crispy skins and covered with chicken fat. OMG. Soooooooooo good. I may have to abandon my dinner plans now and go get a chicken.....

K

Kimchee

Man I wish they'd do the tater thing here, that sounds really good!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
One day I was in the supermarket at the end of the day and they were selling them off cheap - I got several, took them home, appreciating the aroma. Then I pulled them apart and froze the meat for sasndwiches etc. Has some nibbles in the process.

Ray, I remember when Steve and I could get one for £2 at Morrisons when they were marked down.
How much are they fresh now?

I pay about $6 for a fresh one or $4.99 from the mark down deli case at Chief Supermarket.
A whole buck off..:yum:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Sass
It depends on the flavourings - the basic ones are around £4 fresh, I try to go when they really want to pack up and, if there are any left I can pick them up for about a £1

Deelady

We ave been getting these since I can remember as a kid and they have always be so juicy and tender! My dad and I always used the leftovers for simple wraps in tortillas with a little mayo, salt & pepper.....mmmmmm
They are often my go to option when I am in no mood for cooking but want something homecooked like!
I also use them in my Chicken tomatillo enchilada recipe.