Caturday April 26, 2014

Saliha

A little too far...

hF10F8B46

funny-pictures-cat-likes-salmon.jpg

4973506217_9a2d50116f.jpg

Baked cats for Caturday:

DSC_00671.jpg

(Recipe too of course: http://www.bakeforhappykids.com/2013/04/funny-cat-tuna-bread-buns.html )

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cat Logic

Attachments

• CatLogic.jpg
    CatLogic.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 290

Ian M.

THanks to everyone who contributes to Caturday - for me, it's just like reading the Sunday papers, where the comics are the first thing I read! I always look for Caturday first! I think Andy ought to start up the Dog Daze of May................his dog posts are always wonderful.

Ian M. :bounce:

Ian M.

Is anyone out there able to re-write the Tuna Cat Buns recipe, changing the metric measurements to non-metric for dummies like myself who long ago lost the metric table I had for baking measurements - change grams, milileters, etc. to cups, etc and so forth?
I'd love to make these buns for Kieran but would struggle over the metric measurements!
Also, could the idea be altered to use sweet dough with a cream or candy filling? Kids would sure love that.

Thanks, Fallon M.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
didn't find anything here, found this

http://www.bakeforhappykids.com/2013/04/funny-cat-tuna-bread-buns.html

very curious mix of measures, , , but whatever, out-of-metric looks like

1 can tuna (95g=3.351 ounces)
270g bread flour=2.12 cups; 2 cups + 2 tblsp
30g all purpose flour (I used Italian OO flour)=0.25 cup; 4 tblsp
20g sugar=0.10 cup / 1.6 tbspn
20g olive oil=1 tbsp
150ml water=5 fluid ounces
100g bread flour=0.83 cups = 13 fluid ounces
60ml water=4 tblsp

Saliha

Also, could the idea be altered to use sweet dough with a cream or candy filling? Kids would sure love that.

Thanks, Fallon M.

That would be nice idea. The dough could be like with the sweet buns and filling some sugared curd and raisins (that is one kind of filled sweet bun type here) or some jam or what ever sweet filling.

Or to cut those "cats" to two parts and fill with whipped cream and jam, like we here make "the Shrovetide buns":

http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/ma...syotaisiin/ruokakeskon_kuvat/2014/1815839.jpg

Thanks about a new idea. :flowers:

Thank you so very much, Chowder Man, for going to all that trouble to find post that metric conversion for me. It's a terrific help and I appreciate it so much. My son is going to love those buns. Both the tuna-filled ones and buns made with sweet dough as well.

Fallon M.

Saliha, you just gave me an idea. I have a jar of English Lemon Curd that I've had languishing on a shelf in my pantry for quite a while. Now I know what I want to do with it. Filling for Lemon Kitty Buns..........Kieran's going to have to throw a party for his little buddies at the day care.

Fallon M.

Ian M.

Hi, Lee. You'll have to drive really fast - else by the time you get here Kieran and I will have eaten them all. Fallon always has good ideas for pastry inventions and I like this one a lot!

Ian

Ian M.

Saliha - In the video you posted on Caturday this time - I love the cat trying for the chicken on the counter but just can't quite reach it. What I'm wondering is how long it would take that cat to figure out that if he jumps up on the stool beside the counter, it's an easy reach? Although, whoever is on the other side of that video camera would doubtless put a quick stop to that idea! Watching the video made me just want to reach in and help the cat out by moving him to the stool to begin with.

Ian M.