Random Thoughts

Lefty

Yank
Chili cooking on the stove for lefty-overs for work this week.

The Olympics kick butt.

After a super long week last week with great success, I am actually looking to work Monday.

Thunderstorm is on the horizon.

I need to walk the dogs quickly. (See previous)

Have a great week everyone. :D

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Laundry is done.

House is clean.

All that's left is to put the sheets on the bed and take a shower :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Lefty

Yank
I have to admit I like the new show Longmire. Cowboy western type of show with the crime drama spin. First season but they seem to be doing it right.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We really like it too. Seems like an awfully short season though.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I LOVED the real time landing of the Curiosity rove on Mars. Just amazing. Imagine what we(humans) could accomplish if we all worked together, instead of redefining our differences.

And this sin't a small craft that has been out there in space, that we launched from Earth, and flew to another planet. This isn't a sputnik sized orb, it's like sending a Prius from here to Mars, and landing it at warp speed!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/PIA15279_3rovers-stand_D2011_1215_D521.jpg

Sorry, I am just a HUGE dork for this stuff, and Space fascinates me in general. I LOVE IT!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have always loved anything to do with space..

Humid day.
Bad storm least night.
Hope work goes well.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the area rugs need vacuumed.

body spray smells good- especially Christmas peppermint.

i need a nap.

after i get the mail.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Is this a redux thread for What Are You Doing Today?

Some of ya 'er startin' to go slightly haiku :wink::yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You can have 21 Cheetos for 150 calories and 0 cholesterol, or you can have 42 Cheetos for 300 calories and 0 cholesterol :encore:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
makin' a guy's shake. no fury like that of a woman in a mood.......

snoozin'.

relaxing.

t.v.

then goin' 'bout 'da burgh. got stuff on 'da agenda.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
One down, one to go

Hip1.jpg

Hip4-1.jpg

the right side(left in the photo), is all jacked up, you can clearly see neither the socket, or ball part are not round, but due to surgical complications, we will NOT be rushing to get the other side done. I need one leg to be 100%. Right now, I am in surgery pain hell on one side, and AVN full blown pain in the other, I feel like I went from the frying pan, and into the fire, but this too shall pass.

AllenOK

Set alarm for 0600. Remember to check river flow data before heading out (should be around 3500 cfs and falling).

Check cooler to make sure it's clean. Put Cooler in mobile Tackle Shop (the van).

Put laundry in dryer (especially fishing shirt). Find wading pants (good luck).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Set alarm for 0600. Remember to check river flow data before heading out (should be around 3500 cfs and falling).

Check cooler to make sure it's clean. Put Cooler in mobile Tackle Shop (the van).

Put laundry in dryer (especially fishing shirt). Find wading pants (good luck).

methinx he's goin' phishing.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Reminding myself never to lose my heart again to a man.
Two dates so far. Both spectacular and very nice.

So he calls me this morning (me being stupid thinking-- brunch and church again?)
No.
Tells me-- "hey, I've invited Jenna to the lake for the weekend for the family bbq, just wanted to let you know. Can we still date?"
She is a 1st shift nurse.
Young(er) blonde and beautiful.
I'm not jealous or hurt.

Just feeling a little displaced.
Reminds me of a line-- 'why take a bus when you can fly' LOL

Ian M.

Sass, that kinda sucks! It takes a really insensitive ass to do something like that! If he's hedging his bets - it still sucks and he's still insensitive but at least could be upgraded from ass to simple jerk.................

If we lived closer, with DW's blessing I'd take you out to dinner, in Joe's face if humanly possible, to be sure he knows exactly how that feels.......

But don't get cynical - not all the fish in the sea smell "fishy". There's a really nifty fella out there with your name on him - patience, Smedly!

Ian :whistle:

(Just for the record - all that above is a nearly verbatim quote from Fallon - she got ripped buy a guy like that and still recalls it vividly! But I hope it does make her appreciate me all these years later?)

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hate that for you, Sass. I do give him points for being honest though. Sneaking around and taking out the other nurse would be a whole different story. Part of me says continue to go out with him and give Jenna a run for her money, but the other part...?????

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
yup, points for being up front about it.

obviously the the pointer is not interested in a relationship.
he's just enjoying life.

so, iffin' he's pleasant company and you're having fun - go with the flow; and be prepared to change the flow at any interesting time.

but if you're thinking he's a serious candidate, ahhhh . . . doesn't appear to be . . .

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
but the other part...?????

He and she more than got together.
It was hard to find out about it, but I am tougher (I think) and wish him all the best.
He could have had a comfortable, easy time with me.. but chose to think or wish for something fast and sexual with another, than taking the time to go slow and give me a chance.

So they had their time at the lake in a cabin.
It makes me feel somewhat foolish, but relieved at the same time.
I won't be communicating with him from here on out.
She works at the same place as I do... if she ever approaches me and mentions a thing about anything, I'll simply say "better you than I".:whistling:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Every woman who goes out on a first date should let her father/brother/close male friend have 5 minutes with the prospect. We can figure out men like you gals can figure out wimminz. Sadly, neither side usually pays attention the opinion/recommendation of a close friend/family member.

I have pegged jugheads with both daughers (told it to my wife), and was right each time. Current SIL was picked by me as a winner from day one.

Oh, Sass, I'm so sorry for what's happened - and disappoiinted for you, too. I sensed how happy and excited you were in the beginning. But better you should find out early on than later when you had more invested. On the plus side - just how faithful will he probably be to her? Not too, I'd say. Is there an outside chance that they are in the process of ending rather than beginning? Is he just a weak sister who can't do a graceful exit and makes himself look like a creep in the process? That thought occured to me. He might possibly be more interested in a nice, slow and loving relationship with you than the whiz bang fling with her that appears right now. Just a thought.

Fallon

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Sass, I'm so sorry for what's happened - and disappoiinted for you, too. I sensed how happy and excited you were in the beginning. But better you should find out early on than later when you had more invested. On the plus side - just how faithful will he probably be to her? Not too, I'd say. Is there an outside chance that they are in the process of ending rather than beginning? Is he just a weak sister who can't do a graceful exit and makes himself look like a creep in the process? That thought occured to me. He might possibly be more interested in a nice, slow and loving relationship with you than the whiz bang fling with her that appears right now. Just a thought.

Fallon

a very insightful & wise thought, fallon.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

Fallon

Not a chance of finding out if that would have been the case Fallon.
It's over.
So is my talking about it.
Thanks for the kind words everyone.
It's not been easy, but that's life, eh?