any recommendations??

Deelady

I need a good photo editing sight preferably FREE! I was using Picnik for awhile but I didnt care for it much....any other reccommendations?

TIA!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
you can do a lot of editing in photobucket. Or you can download Picassa. they are both free.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What tyep of editing are you doing?
For basic editing I use Infranview. It is a free download. It will allow you to change the image size, rotate the image, brighten the image and more. pluse you can create slideshows and add sounds to it if you like.
It is also a good picture viewer.
to download:http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
more on infranview: http://www.irfanview.com/

A new feature here on NCT is that each user has their own photo album. YOu can make seperate albums which can be private for select viewers or public for all to see. You can have multiple albums so you can have some of each flavor. For a member to view your private albums they would have to be a member here.
I've been playing with the settings on the photo album, so if you see something that you would like changed on it please let me know. It's new and not set up correctly just yet. Lots of fine tuning to do still.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
To manipulate a image I use FastStone Image Viewer. Its easy and powerful and FREE!

For File hosting I use Image Shack.

Wart

Banned
How about photo shop.

For someone who's even quasi happy with an online photo editor Photoshop is way overkill and way overpriced.

I have Paint Shop Pro X, works fine for me.

Gimp works, I installed it just to see how well, well enough.

One thing I've done was to consecutively install the trial ware versions of several different photo editors. If your thinking of paying for an editor I suggest trying the trial ware first, unless your running a stat of the art machine, and even sometimes when you are, they run clunky.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For basic editing I use Infranview. It is a free download. It will allow you to change the image size, rotate the image, brighten the image and more. pluse you can create slideshows and add sounds to it if you like.

Irfanview rocks! I use it all the time for resizing my pics before posting them here!

Deelady

A new feature here on NCT is that each user has their own photo album. YOu can make seperate albums which can be private for select viewers or public for all to see. You can have multiple albums so you can have some of each flavor. For a member to view your private albums they would have to be a member here.
I've been playing with the settings on the photo album, so if you see something that you would like changed on it please let me know. It's new and not set up correctly just yet. Lots of fine tuning to do still.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Doc, all I really need are the basics, croping, color adjusting, red eye, ect. ect. nothing major. My old laptop had a program right on it but all my new lap top has is that paint. Like I said I have tried Picnik and last night I tried a trial of photoshop.com
Picnik was ok but often very slow and I did not care for the photoshop.com at all.
I will definately give a try to your different suggestions.....thanks :D

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow! Thanks Doc and Keltin for recommending Irfanview! It is excellent and loads sooooo much faster than Paint Shop Pro!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I think that you may have inspired me. I carry a camera in my backpack in a city full of pictures.

I have not taken a lot of pictures. I need to start.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
OK - A little thought more questions. Please forgive me if I am acting like a Noob. In this area I AM.

So I have a bunch of pix, I'm there with that. I upload them to a photo site. Who's pictures ar they now? Do I still own them? Are they in the public domain? Can anyone see them? Can I say who sees them? If I decide to take them down are they truely off the WEB? Can anyone copy them?

Not that any of this is disturbing at the moment. Like anything new, It is kind of good to know the rules and the uniform of the game you are playing.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know people who use SnapFish and they have to give me a password before I can see their pics.
As to who owns the pics once you willingly post them on a site would be up to each sites user agreement. I've never dug into those. But, you know computers as well as I do, we know just because you delete something from their server does not mean it is gone. I would guess they do backups of everything and have copies of all media posted. But that is only an educated guess. Each site could be different and hopefully the user agreement will give you a clear answer to your questions.

Have any of you tried your personal photo album that is here? I think it's a good idea in that it allows you to share your photos with whoever you want. I'll increase the max size of photos allowed if that would get more of you to try that feature.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the compliment Doc. I will put some photos up ASAP. Thst is the albums in the user CP, correct?

The ownership dosen't really bother me. As we all know, once you put it anyplace on the WEB it's all over. Copy and paste is alive and well :yum: