Who's your fav tv chefs & why?

bowlingshirt

Uh oh - you're too new here to know that someone on this forum has an unnatural obsession with Rachael Ray. Really. This guy has more pics of her than her own parents do! Now he's gonna start posting them again.....:lol:

Pics like this ?

racheal-ray_hottest2542.jpg

I think I may prefer....

nigella.jpg

Srsly tho, my fav tv chef is in my avatar

YeOldeStonecat

I like the rustic old fashioned style of Jamie Oliver

I like Bobbie Flays style also..that southern/carribean/hot flare

Tyler Florence has some good techniques also.

Although odd...I like watching Alton Brown..for the logic and deep facts he has about stuff.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My favorite chef's aren't on TV any more such as Martin Yan. There are a couple on now I can watch such a Mario Batali, Emeril as well as Tyler. I don't think Alton Brown is a chef or even plays one on TV but do enjoy his show good eats but don't catch it often any more. I do watch the original Iron Chef's show from Japan and have see a few episodes of the US version just comes on the wrong time for me. I also got into Top Chef and watch it as well as Gordon Ramsey's F...Word and Kitchen Nightmares but those are done in Europe and played on the BBC. These are just plain better than Fox's versions which I can't stomach at all so after catching a couple I simply don't watch them any more.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
That thing about Cat Cora...
Hmmmm, I never realized, but yes, that makes sense now :bounce:

I used to watch Paula Deen all the time until she got too commercialized, now she reallllly stretches that fake laugh and has turned from a sweet southern gal to a loudmouth baudy broad who wears too much bling to cook.
Bobby Flay, Emeril, Jacques Pepin and Rick Bayless are my fav's. Rick can cook in my kitchen anytime! :whistling: - oh ya babe! lol

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I miss David Rosengarten (not a chef) but a connosieur

i liked him as well and he actually did cook, my first chicken wings were thanks to him and i still do them the same way to this day

Paula Deen...cuz, she cooks just like I do!

Paula Dean rules... there is always room for some more butter isnt there?..lol

Giada De Laurentiis :mrgreen:

JoeV said it all..lol

Giada! Ahhhhhhhh.... I get to live in a fantasy world. I used to stricktly be a leg and butt man, until I saw her for the first time...Admittedly, I'm a dirty, filthy, perverted old man who feels like he's 17 again when she's on. Can she really cook? Hell, it doesn't matter as long as she's displaying her attributes. I'll get carryout for us every night. I'd crawl naked over broken glass.... oops! Sorry, I got carried away.:in_love:

i am in the same club you are... can she cook? ahh hell who cares? ..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I goggled Cat Cora (that sounded dirty!), and it’s true. Her GF is huge! Looks to be a foot taller than Cat, and built like an Amazon. She kind of scares me. :yum:

Cat Cora.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
And to quote Monty Python "she looks fairy butch" lol ..... sorry, couldn't help myself

babe

I like the rustic old fashioned style of Jamie Oliver

I like Bobbie Flays style also..that southern/carribean/hot flare

Tyler Florence has some good techniques also.

Although odd...I like watching Alton Brown..for the logic and deep facts he has about stuff.

can't bear to watch jamie oliver. always feel that he is not quite clean, nor is his food.

leolady

I like:

Julia Child - good teacher
Jacques Pepin - good teacher
Jeff Smith - good teacher
The Neeleys - I like the type of food

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The Galloping Gourmet....you gotta love a guy in an ascot twittering around the kitchen and then sitting down to a glass of wine with some old, horn rimmed glasses lady.

Plus, he taught me how to make a roux when I was 7.

He's followed closely by Julia Child and the child molester ex minister.

Derek

Banned
I have to add one more tv chef,

Her name is The ever sexy Sonny the African American chef, She has it all, Sexy curves, Smile, Beauty, sense of taste and she loves heat,

buckytom

Grill Master
(with all due respect, goss)

does anyone else feel that booby flay's showdown was a show designed to grow him a personality?

i mean, he obviously has some knowledge and talent, but he was snobbish, prickish, and aloof when he first started on tv. he often still comes across that way, both on air and in person. i don't have anything against him; i don't think i'm any better, but a number of people who work with him have said as much.

but "throwdown" is a show where he's set up to lose, and then graciously accepts defeat, while showcasing his occasionally scripted talent. it really is a bit of programming genius. if he can be a decent guy when he loses, then maybe he's not so bad, and so on...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a couple I watch that are all re runs now. Mario Batali, Emeril, Giada De Laurentiis, Tyler Florence and Alton Brown who is not what I would call a chef. Basically any show I can learn from really. So of my all time favorites are not on TV any more such as Jeff Smith, Martin Yan, Justin Wilson, and Julia Child.

I can watch Paula Dean is small doses depending on what she is making, don't care much for Flay at all or Guy. I never found shows like the Iron Chef, Top Chef for example really a show about learning and more entertainment.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

does anyone else feel that booby flay's showdown was a show designed to grow him a personality?

i mean, he obviously has some knowledge and talent, but he was snobbish, prickish, and aloof when he first started on tv. he often still comes across that way, both on air and in person. i don't have anything against him; i don't think i'm any better, but a number of people who work with him have said as much.

but "throwdown" is a show where he's set up to lose, and then graciously accepts defeat, while showcasing his occasionally scripted talent. it really is a bit of programming genius. if he can be a decent guy when he loses, then maybe he's not so bad, and so on...

I can't say as I can disagree with you there. I like Bobby, like his shows, got his Just Grill It book and it is cool and full of ideas. But yea, his personality doesn't exactly leap out at ya, does it?
And I have never doubted those shows were scripted, so I don't know how much can be attributed to him and how much to good PR either.

Caitlin

Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay

Gordon Ramsay coz I learned how to cook scrambled eggs watching the F Word :blush:

Jamie Oliver coz he's done some programs doing what I understand...one pot cooking on a camp fire :blush:

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Mine might confuse but Alton Brown isn't a chef guys. Now I do enjoy watching his show and have learned a lot except when it comes to knives.

Emeril simple the best of the bunch as far as actually cooking
Batali because I like his style and his show was great
Giada De Laurentiis just because
Iron Chefs is Morimoto he is a master of Japanese to US cooking.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Well, yes, BT, of course it's an obvious PR ploy to counteract the allegations that Bobby is arrogant and condescending.

I have never, ever had a problem with his personality or the way he comes across, but enough people did, and I'm sure that the Throwdowns were a way to show a humbler Bobby.

I love him. Have always and will always.

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Well, yes, BT, of course it's an obvious PR ploy to counteract the allegations that Bobby is arrogant and condescending.

I have never, ever had a problem with his personality or the way he comes across, but enough people did, and I'm sure that the Throwdowns were a way to show a humbler Bobby.

I love him. Have always and will always.

Lee

I used to feel that way about him when he first started and watching "Throwdown" is now my favorite! I think it's been very good for him, he actually comes across as a very gracious loser and winner, when he does win which isn't very often... :shock: