Chopped

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Puppies? I don't recall the girls every using the word puppies to describe us boys!!
:yum::yum:

Puppy dog tails and slimy snails...:yuk:

lilylove

well...the tails are connected to puppies LOLOLOLOL~~~~ and snails are so good dipped in garlic butter!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
What is it with cannibles today? I just saw a commercial with two pigs justifying to each other why it was OK they were eating a brown sugar and honey spiral sliced ham....!
:yum::yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
So it is OK for me to eat certain parts of your body, but not others?? Man that is just wasting....:yum:

buckytom

Grill Master
We were watching this last night. Kinda OK, drama and suspense over done as always, sometimes seems like they are put thru more than even the Iron Chefs were to become Iron Chefs in the first place.
Makes you wonder how many of these guys might even be better...?

The stuffed Calamari caught my eye, one stuffed it with granola and red pepper and tentacles. The other just with tentacles I think. I would love to find a recipe to stuff em with their own tentacles and other tasty stuff then fry em up!

mav, do you have lidia bastianich''s "lidia's italian american table"?

in the "seaside kitchen iii" episode, she made a fantastic dish of stuffed squid braised with peas. i made it once, a long tiime ago, but i remember that it was very good.

if not, are you ready for grilling? how about grilled stuffed calamari?

make a stuffing of toasted minced garlic, toasted breadcrumbs, parsley, sundried tomates, and capers. when you're toasting the breadcrumbs, chop up and add the legs. toothpick the hole shut, oil liberally, then grill over a very hot fire for just a minute or two until done.

or, you could do a thai version. stuff with a mixture of rice, chopped scallions, and lots of fresh chopped cilantro. again, toothpick, oil, and grill quickly. serve with sweet chilli sauce.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Very cool, thanks for the ideas BT! They all sound good but with the weather here.. I am in the mood to grill!

Kei

I like this show because they will give them some tough ingredients to work with. Ok here is some peanut butter, anchovies and a grapefruit now get cooking! lol

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I like this show because they will give them some tough ingredients to work with. Ok here is some peanut butter, anchovies and a grapefruit now get cooking! lol

I agree! Its interesting to see a chef use their background to make something out of diverse foods. And yeah that one female judge is a bitch!

Here is an excerpt from Food Network Humor.com

While we were on vacation, FNH reader John D. wrote in with a hysterical, spot-on assessment of judge Alex Guarneschelli’s appearances as a judge on Chopped:

…she seems to have some arbitrary perspective on what a chef is; centered on the idea that she must always appear condescending and hypercritical even when there is nothing to criticize. So many times I’ve watched her make that stupid Guarneschelli squinty-eyed open-mouthed glance to the left as she conjures up an incredibly stupid sounding commentary…” -John D.
Exhibit A: When tasting a contestant’s prune dessert soup on Chopped, Alex Guarneschelli remarked, “I do find the prunes large. I do think if I were just given a spoon and no instruction I would be wrestling with these prunes a bit.”

Now she needs instructions on how to eat a prune? Come on, Alex. Get yourself a copy of “PRUNES FOR DUMMIES” and call it a day.

alexg.jpg

Kei

They always have to have the hard-ass judge in each show. They did the same thing on Next Food Network Star.