Prayers requested

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Some of you might know the history here, most probably not.

We live on a north/south street. The neighbors to the north are big ol meanies that have hated us for the last 6 years (Jerry & Marie both in their mid 60's). My youngest daughter was running once, tripped and fell, and skinned her knee. Marie thought it was the funniest thing every and cackled all the way to her car.

Anyway, it would appear she has had a stroke. She was taken away in an ambulance a couple of weeks ago, and since they don't talk to us except to start an argument, complain, or laugh at something, we didn't find out until now.
There is a nurse that comes every day and stays for most of the day, and her daughter spends a lot of time with her mother now. I am guessing from this that it must be pretty serious.
So, we are asking for everyone to pray for her that she recovers and her health improves.
Thanks!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww, Mav, of course I'll keep Marie in my thoughts and prayers. And bless your heart for thinking of this. One of my favorite quotes from HH the Dalai Lama talks about how easy it is to love the loveable. The real gift is in loving the unloveable.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll keep Marie and the whole family in my prayers Mav...not just for her illness but for them to see the whole situation in a new light and realize what wonderful neighbors they have been Blessed with.

Biskit

What Buzz said plus;
Somewhere in all this may well be the chance for you to show genuine kindness to these people. It's up to you to watch for, and not miss, that chance and to grab it and make use of it. In the end, you and the "Big Ol' Meanies" may be best of friends. Oftentimes, there's a reason people are mean. Just gotta find out that reason and work from there.
Take care, and prayers from here, also.

Peggy

Ahhh...like everyone else says, it's easy to love the unloveables, but not sometimes. You have a big heart. I'll say a prayer for all of you.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You're a mighty big man Mav. Our thoughts and prayers are going out to your neighbors!