What have you eaten Sunday 11/18/2018 to Saturday 11/24/2018?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I wanted beans and wieners so got out a big can of Bush's veg beans and a package of Oscar Myer's Select Beef Weiner from the freezer. The mrs wanted to doctor the beans with brown sugar, bacon, and onion. She used over a half pound of "my" good bacon, and a whole sweet onion. After frying the bacon and onions, added the beans, then the brown sugar. She literally dumped the brown sugar in the beans and half pound glob of brown sugar went into the beans. I'm not sure how much sugar she took out of the beans but they were extremely sweet so she added vinegar. They weren't to bad but if I was judging her offering would have chopped her.

Awww, what a shame, John!

Wait, isn't sugar one of the things that you and your wife are trying to limit?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Beef smoked sausage, brown rice topped with pinto beans - homemade applesauce.

20181120_134342-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

Pulled my right side sciatic nerve ? whatever it's called. All I know, is it's a pain in the butt! ..... So it will be a cheeseburger with tomato and mayo for a change.
The DD is having a salad and chicken grilled.
DW is having mac and cheese....
It's like a diner here today!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Paul Prudhomme's dirty rice and Emeril's collard greens. Not a pretty picture, gut very, very tasty.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
..Decided that the Turkey Thigh was just too much for one serving, so I split it; Will use the big chunk later, Seared and baked the part with the bone..

Last night's Baked Turkey Thigh, Bacon-Mashed , Gravy, Steamed Brussels Sprouts, and a Baby Spinach / Spring mix under Balsamic Vinaigrette...

Salad, Spring Mix with Balsamic.jpg

Turkey Thigh, Bacon Mash Gravy, Sprouts.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mac and cheese my way. Not a normal mac and cheese. You use tasso ham, shallots, garlic, and make a semi-loose cheese sauce using fontina, sharp cheddar, parm, white wine, and cream. Spinach and shrimp are folded in after the pasta. Like last night, not a pretty picture, but very tasty.

Embryodad

Well....to tell the truth, it was what we could find. DIL and DD and DW...hahaha
are bumping into each other, and prepping for the gluttonous feast we have planned for tomorrow.

DS picked up two pizza pies from Enzo's. That held the fort together for a while.
They are getting tired, and I feel like a piglet that fell into a pool of piranha fish.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had KFC tonight. Makes it easy to do holiday meal prep when you don't need to worry about dinner.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Mussels in a Tomato-Garlic Butter Sauce, over a bed of Angel Hair Pasta...

IMG_6577.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dad asked for a New England boiled dinner and I forgot to take a photo when plated.

These are the leftovers, LOL!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 112

Johnny West

We were gifted the turkey carcass so this AM I put it on the stove to simmer. After it cools it will go in the freezer for soup this winter.

Tonight we are going to the Pacific Grill - I'll have a steak and french fries.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'd love to go out for a steak tonight, but a leftover turkey sandwich on white bread with mayo and lotsa crispy lettuce is calling me.
Heck, I might do it for both lunch and dinner.
:heart:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had a turkey sandwich for lunch.

I made Turkey soup today with a lot of the turkey day leftover stuff and there isn't much leftovers left. I LOVE IT!!

turkey_soup_112318_IMG_5090.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's Prime Rib with Garlic Butter, Baked Yam, Corn, lefty Green Beans and the ever-present greens...

Salad, American Blend,, with Egg, Country French.jpg

Prime Rib.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night, thin sliced porchetta sliders with caramelized onions and a roasted vege mayo made with red bell, onion, tomato, garlic, and cilantro. No pictures, ate really late, not too hungry, plus we were tired after driving over to Florida's west coast and back to see DD and DGDs, and treating them to coal-fired pizzas for lunch

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had half a turkey sandwich and a bowl of turkey soup for dinner.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good Peeps, I had a turkey sandwich as well with some of that divine coleslaw on it, and some of the bean salad.
I'm taking ham and corn cake to work tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
This is great ! When you have THXgiving dinner at someone else's house, you don't have to eat turkey for the rest of the W/end ..... (although they DID send me home with a complete Pumpkin Pie)

Easy Saturday...
California Burger, sans Cheese, Fried Corn, Fries, Hot-n-Sweet Pickles...

Hamburger, Fried Corn.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night, we used up some of the leftover smoked turkey in smoked turkey soup with wild rice, carrots, onions, green onions, garlic, fresh thyme and rosemary. It also has a bit of sherry added in at the end. It's a longstanding fave to use up smoked turkey.

Johnny West

Putting sherry in bisque and chowder is popular here. I'll have to try it in the turkey soup.

Attachments

• #####Lobster Shop Bisque.jpg
    #####Lobster Shop Bisque.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 89

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night, we used up some of the leftover smoked turkey in smoked turkey soup with wild rice, carrots, onions, green onions, garlic, fresh thyme and rosemary. It also has a bit of sherry added in at the end. It's a longstanding fave to use up smoked turkey.

Ooo, glad I saw this while simmering my turkey stock!

I ran out and snipped some fresh sage, rosemary and thyme to add to the parsley, celery and other stuff in my pot.

Lee