question about PM

Carolina Cooking

can you not un-send a PM? or delete it.

I also just saw the Rep thing :bonk: I didn't ignore the folks who sent me notes on the page, I just didn't know it was there. Till today :oops:

:thankyou:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
can you not un-send a PM? or delete it.

I also just saw the Rep thing :bonk: I didn't ignore the folks who sent me notes on the page, I just didn't know it was there. Till today :oops:

:thankyou:

I am not positive but I think you can delete/unsend a PM BEFORE it is opened. After it's opened it's to late. But you need a mod/admin to confirm that.

I have my CP set to open when I come on so I can see if there are new posts to threads I have posted in and most of the time I look at the reps when I first login or have been away for a bit. I have also missed rep messages. I don't expect a reply to my rep messages. To me it's just a little private message. I can't speak for others but I don't get offeneded if I don't get a reply.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot call PM back once you have hit send. Prior to sending it all you have to do is hit the "Back" button.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Just want to be sure of this.

Is this option not turned on?

When I go back to review a PM I have sent I see this under messages I have sent.

Message History
11x11progress.gif

Delete this Message
Delete MessageTo delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.Delete this Message​

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
You can delete any pm in your inbox, sent items or Amy other folder. Once you click send or submit. It will be delivered to the receiving party. You cannot "call it back".

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
yyou can also copy all your mailboxes to your local drive and delete them from the system to get message space back.

QuirkyCookery

Yeah, you can delete the copies from your own folders so you don't have to see them again, but it doesn't "unsend" or delete them from the receiving party.

Carolina Cooking

I saw that .. after the fact lol.

It wasn't something 'bad' I said :biggrin: It was a after thought to the whole thing.

Its all good..

Its good to know too, that you should make sure you want to send it.:thumb:

QuirkyCookery

Absolutely! And just in case there's ever a case of it being something "bad," remember that it's never too early to apologize, at the very least, hehe.