Food and Wine show at Mohegan Sun , Connecticut end of January

http://www.sunwinefest.com/

I went to this show last year and had a great time. Im looking foward to this years show. Bobby Flay, Robert Irvine, Maryanne Esposito, among others will be there. If you like cooking, eating and drinking wine, these shows are great to attend ( can be a little pricey though).

larry

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I am green with envy, Larry! Maryanne Esposito is someone I love to watch. Her food calls to me. Will you attend the entire show? Have you signed up for some of the dinners? Will you take your camera with you so you can show us how it was?

Each show ive been to has been a little different. We went to this one last year, and assuming it is organized the same way, we will attend the grand tasting for both saturday and sunday. Also, the celebrity chef dine around. The grand tasting consists of many participating restaurants, chefs , wineries .... and it is as it says, just a whole lot of sampling, tasting.... During this tasting, there is a stage where the featured chefs will do their thing. Saturday night , is the celebrity dine around, where each participating chef usually has a dish they prepared and we can go around from chef to chef eating their food. usually they pair a wine for each chef's food. its kinda like one big, expensive cocktail party.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Copied, pasted and saved, Larry.

I might just make it to that event this year, since I'd really like to wrap every appendage around Bobby Flay.

Lee

Copied, pasted and saved, Larry.

I might just make it to that event this year, since I'd really like to wrap every appendage around Bobby Flay.

Lee

I was actually surprised to see he was making an appearance here, since its not a major event ( compared to the one in NYC) but it should be a lot of fun. Foxwoods is also doing one in April, they havnt listed anymore info other than the weekend they are planning the event, but the one at foxwoods was great too.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It sounds like it will be fantastic, Larry. I've never been to one of these but I'd kill to go to one. (If you hear of any with Anthony Bourdain or Jean Novelli - please let me know!!!!)

I'm really glad to see you here, too.

It sounds like it will be fantastic, Larry. I've never been to one of these but I'd kill to go to one. (If you hear of any with Anthony Bourdain or Jean Novelli - please let me know!!!!)

I'm really glad to see you here, too.

No problem. I usually go to the ones that are within a reasonable distance to my house ( yet not too crazy crowded , like the NYC one). Unfortunately, im one of those who have been affected by the not being able to see food network anymore , so this is the only way i can see some of these people :sad:

These events seem to travel from city to city, usually people trying to push their books, cookware lines, knives or whatever they want to make $$ off of. But I dont care, just the thrill of going is enough for me. Even being a vegetarian, and not being able to eat probably %90 of the stuff that will be offered, i just love watching the live demonstrations.

Having a great time at the Mohegan Sun Food and Wine Festival. Yesterday saw cooking demonstrations from Christina Pirello, Robert Irvine, Maryanne Esposito and Todd English. Bought a few cook books, got a few signed. Today will catch Bobby Flay's demo, then head on back to New York. Hope the waters arent too rough. Last night got to sample many things at the Celebrity Chef Dine Around. Bumped into last years runner up in Hells KItchen, and also the chef who almost punched Jean-Philippe in the face. Anyway, Ill load up a few pics when I get back to NY. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG! I remember that guy! I really did think they were going to hit each other on that episode of Hell's Kitchen. That guy needs a T-shirt that says "I almost decked Jean-Philippe"!

The Dine around sounds so good. I can't wait to see all the pics and hear all the stories.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Saw Bobby Flay tweeting about this show. It's really cool that someone I know is there!

This morning saw Betty Fraser, who apparently was on Top Chef 2nd season. And, Bobby Flay, who made one of his burgers from his burger joint ( i think it was the " Dallas Burger" and something else with lobster and fried oysters. Overall, a great weekend, and for those who havnt been to a food and wine festival, all i can say is if you like to cook, eat and drink wine, this is the place for you. All are organized a little differently. Some are better than others depending on how they are organized and who wil actually be there. Ill upload pics a little later. just got home.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Looking forward to your pics and continuing commentary, Larry. What a fun experience for you.

Here are a few pics.
The desserts, my wife enjoying the desserts.
My wife and Bobby Flay, Bobby Flay cooking during the celebrity wine and dine
Bobby Flay's cooking demonstration.
Robert Irvine and my wife, and his cooking demonstration along with Christina Pirello ( vegan chef on PBS).
My wife and the the two Hell's Kitchen contestants.

Im the one behind the camera.

Attachments

• of=50,332,442.jpg
    of=50,332,442.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,332,442-1.jpg
    of=50,332,442-1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,590,442.jpg
    of=50,590,442.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,590,442-1.jpg
    of=50,590,442-1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,590,442-2.jpg
    of=50,590,442-2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,590,442-3.jpg
    of=50,590,442-3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,590,442-4.jpg
    of=50,590,442-4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 16
  • of=50,590,442-5.jpg
    of=50,590,442-5.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Holy CARP!!!

OMG! You were hanging with Flay, Irvine, and the rest. That is incredible!!!!!! :clap:

I'm beside myself with envy!!! Awesome!

These kinda shows usually hit many major cities. Different chefs attend different shows. Most are so friendly, answer questions, pose for pics.... I would have to say, Robert Irvine was the most social, by far. Bobby, a little more serious. Maryanne Esposito was there too, a little serious as well. But had a great time. Another one will be in my area in april ( foxwoods). Not sure who will attend that one, but im looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, and the food was great too :lol: I almost forgot about the food .
Unfortunately, being a vegetarian, i was limited. But if you like seafood, meat ....you will definitely get your moneys worth. But honestly, the experience far exceeds what you eat by far. And trust me, I didnt starve.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG!!! It looks amazing, Larry! Wow! I gotta go to one of those things. (Your wife looks pretty happy to be posing with all those awesome chefs. Heck - your wife just looks pretty!)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
OMG!!! It looks amazing, Larry! Wow! I gotta go to one of those things. (Your wife looks pretty happy to be posing with all those awesome chefs. Heck - your wife just looks pretty!)

No kidding! My DW said she has amazing hair. Looks like a Spiral Perm?? Lisa (my DW) wants the name of her hair dresser!!

Well, she happens to have the best hair dresser (God). She was naturally born with the color and curls. And as far as hanging out and posing with the chefs, i guess she just likes guys who cook :brows: , lucky me i guess. Or I should say lucky her :whistling: .

honestly, though If you love to cook , eat and drink wine, this is the kind of event for you. this is my 4th one in 2 years. ( 3 in connecticut, 1 in rhode island). As ive said, the new york one is like the grand daddy of them all, but im not much of a city kinda guy, and it would be a little too crazy for me. these are already crazy enough. last year i had the pleasure of seeing Guy Fieri, Jacques Pepin among others.