Lefty

Yank
humpty_dumpty.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
From the site:

EZ Cracker Testimonials
"EZ Cracker makes it so much easier for me to get a perfectly peeled egg every time! As a chef, I like my eggs to look perfect when I serve them. With EZ Cracker, there are never any nicks or dents. Just a perfectly peeled egg every time."

Dwight S.

I'd like to see how the gadget strips the shell from those "sticky" eggs where the shell only comes off a little bit at a time.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
From the site:

EZ Cracker Testimonials
"EZ Cracker makes it so much easier for me to get a perfectly peeled egg every time! As a chef, I like my eggs to look perfect when I serve them. With EZ Cracker, there are never any nicks or dents. Just a perfectly peeled egg every time."

Dwight S.

I'd like to see how the gadget strips the shell from those "sticky" eggs where the shell only comes off a little bit at a time.

Yes I found that funny also as someone that keeps hard boiled eggs on hand most of the time. I find the best way is not to use fresh eggs but eggs about 10 days old then and ice bath as soon as they come out of the hot water until they cool completely. It also helps if the come to room temperature before boiling also. Now big tricks at all but fresh eggs that are cold will never peal worth a hoot.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Yes I found that funny also as someone that keeps hard boiled eggs on hand most of the time. I find the best way is not to use fresh eggs but eggs about 10 days old then and ice bath as soon as they come out of the hot water until they cool completely. It also helps if the come to room temperature before boiling also. Now big tricks at all but fresh eggs that are cold will never peal worth a hoot.

Yep. That's what we do too, Joe. DW & I like it when the shell comes off in about two or three pieces.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I like that they offer a payment plan for a $26 gadget.
:ohmy: I went back to look and yep, it's a $27 gadget after s&h!!!

I laughed hard at the video that shows people slamming eggs down on the counter and on the edge of the bowl.

mhend

That's too funny! To crack one egg, you have to load to this thing, then clean up the mess afterwards. :lol:

I worked in the kitchen at a nursing home years ago, and the ladies working there always added salt to the water. They said it made the shells come off much easier. I have found that to be true most of the time.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That's too funny! To crack one egg, you have to load to this thing, then clean up the mess afterwards. :lol:

I worked in the kitchen at a nursing home years ago, and the ladies working there always added salt to the water. They said it made the shells come off much easier. I have found that to be true most of the time.

I also was told years ago that if you use vinegar but sure can't prove it by me. Fresh eggs a few days for the chicken just won't peal regardless of what you do. Now if at least 10 days, room temp then boiled and followed by and ice bath works perfectly for me every time. We actually buy our eggs and set a dozen aside to boil using the fresh to eat using other methods. One other note on the ice bath it stops that nasty greenish sulfur layer from forming around the yoke with a HB egg. I've tried at least 20 different methods from Julia Child's method to new one for boiling eggs and now simply use a Norpro Egg Rite Timer which looks like an egg added to the water. When the bubble is on the right mark you get perfect soft, medium or hard boiled eggs every time. Also when pealing I go with the small end being sure to get the membrane with it. Most come off in one or two pieces in a few seconds.

Shermie

Site Supporter
"But wait, hold everything!! We're not done yet!!! Order now, and we'll throw in the 2nd one for free!!! Just pay separate shipping and handling."

They absolutely MURDER me with that line!!!! It isn't for free as long as they are charging for separated S&H!!

You're better off waiting for the product to come to stores like Walgreens, Kmart, CVS or Target. Then, if it dosen't live up to its claims for you, then you can always take it back for an immediate refund.

And you're not forced to pay for separate S&H!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
"But wait, hold everything!! We're not done yet!!! Order now, and we'll throw in the 2nd one for free!!! Just pay separate shipping and handling."

They absolutely MURDER me with that line!!!! It isn't for free as long as they are charging for separated S&H!!

You're better off waiting for the product to come to stores like Walgreens, Kmart, CVS or Target. Then, if it dosen't live up to its claims for you, then you can always take it back for an immediate refund.

And you're not forced to pay for separate S&H!!
Do you mean to say that the TV offer is not the super deal they say it is?:shock::shock: I'm shocked!:shock::shock:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just saw this on TV and thought to myself now how tough is it to crack and egg? Really. :yum:

https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=490

The supposedly dirt-cheap items advertised on TV by these crooks almost always ends up costing the consumers almost double the cost with those separate shipping and handling fees!! Which is why the supposedly free extra item really isn't free.

What a crock!! What a ripoff!! :puke1:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Put it THIS way;

"Can switching to Gicho save you 15% or more on car insuranse? Does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter r? "Ah, this diwector is starting to wub me the wong way."

Oh boy!! I better hurry up and order one of those before they're all gone!!!
If no one knows how to crack en egg by now without one of these culinary crap wiz-kid gadgets, then I don't know what else to say, except to laugh at them!! :moon::boxing::yum::yum:

Last edited:

High Cheese

Saucier
No one picked up on...

EZ Cracker Testimonials

Dwight S.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Can you or anyone else explain to us why WE should get this gadget?

I mean, I can spend that amount of money on a good brand of vodka and get much more enjoyment from THAT instead.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW actually bought one of these from a Walgreen's clearance aisle for 2 bucks. We played with it for an hour or so. It sucks. It does NOT peel hardboiled eggs very well at all. And it only cracks eggs properly (as shown in the video) 1 out of 3 tries. A real P.O.S.

And as Mhend said, it's utterly ridiculous to drag this thing out to crack an egg, and then have to clean the thing. We've tried a lot of As-Seen-On-TV items from the Walgreen aisles, and most of them don’t work for crap, but I usually put them in my junk box just in case. This P.O.S. went straight in the trash without a second thought! :yum: :yum: :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so glad somebody else checks out the As Seen on TV aisle! The stuff is much cheaper because there is no inflated shipping and handling. Plus, no worries about giving them your credit card number.

You're right - most of the stuff is cheaply made or just plain crap. But I have gotten a couple of really good things. One is a pull-up bar that hangs from an interior door frame - the Iron Gym. Also, Mighty Putty is great for creating and sculpting minitures.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I want to try that Mighty Putty, but haven't seen it yet. I'll check again this weekend! :yum:

I got that super peeler gadget, and it does a good job. Sharp as heck. It's a bit weird using it though since the blade is perpendicular to the handle meaning you have to drag it....but it does do what they say it does, and it's actually pretty good quality.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
What about this one, Shermie?

steak_station.jpg

Never suffer through an overcooked or undercooked steak again with this Steak Station thermometer. Its biggest claim to fame is the fact that it comes with four separate probes for keeping tabs on four steaks at once, or a single massive slab of meat that covers your entire grill surface. I also like that instead of showing the internal measured temperature, the Steak Station has an easy to understand LCD display showing whether a steak is rare, medium, well done or somewhere in between. $22.50 from [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Companion-CC4073-Station-Thermometer/dp/B003CIYMYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1281102470&sr=1-1"]Amazon[/ame].

Shermie

Site Supporter
I hope that you didn't order that.

Honestly, IMHO, that thing makes those steaks look like they are hooked up to a heart monitor or a defibrilator!!!!!

#1 and first off, I'd probably NEVER cook that many steaks on a grill or otherwise, at one given time. Too many unless I'm doing it for a croud. Besides, I just couldn't possibly afford meat like that anyway. Looks like fillet mignon - a tender but very expensive steak!! There ARE cheaper cuts almost as tender.

Sencondly, whatever happened to the old fashioned small meat thermometer? I own 1/2 a dozen or so, so even if I DID cook that many steaks at once, I can STILL check the temps of all the steaks just by sticking the probe of each individual thermometer into each steak.

Thirdly, Even though $22.50 might sound rather cheap, does this culinary crap wiz-kid gadget really work? Has anyone had one long enough to say that they are extremely ecstatic because this product is living up to its claims?

Well, I'm from Mossouri.