... 1 green pepper, cleaned & sliced.
1 medium onion, sliced.
3 stalks celery, sliced.
2 tablespoons oil.
2 tablespoons butter.
2 - 3lbs ground beef.
3 cloves garlic, chopped.
3lbs sweet Italian sausages, sliced.
4 large cans tomato puree or pasta sauce.

Seasonings & herbs;

1-1/2 teaspoons each;

Salt, ground black pepper, 2 large bay leaves, garlic power, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, thyme & sugar.
3lbs shredded cheddar cheese.
3lbs shredded mozzarella cheese.
1/2 cup grated cheese.
10 lasagna noodles.

reheat oven to about 350 degrees.

To save time, I sliced the veggies in the food processor, using one of the slicing disks.

In large 7 or 8-qt stock pot, heat oil & butter over medium heat. Add sliced veggies. Sautee, stir & sweat until almost tender. Add ground beef & sliced Italian sausages. Cook until brown.
In same pot, add tomato puree or pasta sauce, grated cheese & seasonings. Stir everything together. Let sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat to a mere simmer. Let sauce slimmer slowly for about 3 - 5 hours until meat is very soft & tender. After the sauce is cooked, remove from heat and let it stand for a few minutes Fat & oil will rise to the top of sauce. with a ladle or big spoon, skim off as much fat as you can get off the top of sauce. Remove used bay leaves from sauce. Adjust seasonings, at this point, if needed or desired.

In large roasting pan or lasagna pan, add enough sauce to cover the bottom of pan. Sprinkle on some of the shredded cheeses evenly over sauce. Lay the first layer of raw lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Repeat this process with the next layer of noodles & sauce with the sauce on top. Sprinkle shredded cheeses on top. Sprinkle 1 or 2 pinches of oregano on top. If you still have some sauce left over, you can also make a little pan of lasagna, like I did.

Bake in preheated oven for about 80 to 90 minutes. Place a sheet pan under the lasagna to catch any spills from sauce bubbling.
Serves about 8 - 12 people, depending on the portion size. Enjoy! :wink: 003.jpg 002.jpg :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

See More

Embryodad

Baked Lasagna.
Begin a day ahead, if possible.
Ingredients;
... 1 green pepper, cleaned & sliced.
1 medium onion, sliced.
3 stalks celery, sliced.
2 tablespoons oil.
2 tablespoons butter.
2 - 3lbs ground beef.
3 cloves garlic, chopped.
4 large cans tomato puree or pasta sauce.

Seasonings & herbs;

1-1/2 teaspoons each;

Salt, ground black pepper, 2 large bay leaves, garlic power, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, thyme & sugar.
1/2 cup grated cheese.
10 lasagna noodles.

reheat oven to about 350 degrees.

To save time, I sliced the veggies in the food processor, using one of the slicing disks.

In large 7 or 8-qt stock pot, heat oil & butter over medium heat. Add sliced veggies. Sautee, stir & sweat until almost tender. Add ground beef & sliced Italian sausages. Cook until brown.
In same pot, add tomato puree or pasta sauce, grated cheese & seasonings. Stir everything together. Let sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat to a mere simmer. Let sauce slimmer slowly for about 3 - 5 hours until meat is very soft & tender. After the sauce is cooked, remove from heat and let it stand for a few minutes Fat & oil will rise to the top of sauce. with a ladle or big spoon, skim off as much fat as you can get off the top of sauce. Remove used bay leaves from sauce. Adjust seasonings, at this point, if needed or desired.

In large roasting pan or lasagna pan, add enough sauce to cover the bottom of pan. Sprinkle on some of the shredded cheeses evenly over sauce. Lay the first layer of raw lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Repeat this process with the next layer of noodles & sauce with the sauce on top. Sprinkle shredded cheeses on top. Sprinkle 1 or 2 pinches of oregano on top. If you still have some sauce left over, you can also make a little pan of lasagna, like I did.

Bake in preheated oven for about 80 to 90 minutes. Place a sheet pan under the lasagna to catch any spills from sauce bubbling.
Serves about 8 - 12 people, depending on the portion size. Enjoy! :wink: 003.jpg 002.jpg :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

See More

Shermie....I'm sure, with all those delicious ingredients, that lasagna has no where to go on the scale but *boing* way over the 10 being the top!

great job.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
uhmmm, sounds a way far bit insane.
2-3 pounds of ground beef
into 4x jars of pasta sauce - Ragu - 1 lb 7.9 oz ea = near 6 pounds
1/2 cup grated cheese.

so, a half cup of unspecified grated cheese into 17-18 pounds+
with two bay leaves...

the link is not found, but there's something seriously amiss with this recipe.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The tomato sauce is Hunt's, but it STILL needs doctoring up, which I don't mind doing.

It's not from a link. The recipe is my own.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Shermie....I'm sure, with all those delicious ingredients, that lasagna has no where to go on the scale but *boing* way over the 10 being the top!

great job.

Thanks!

It was the best one that I ever made!! :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Shermie

Site Supporter
see more: https://www.facebook.com/Jahvon13#

is not found. does not indicate Shermie or BDH.

nadda clue - but making a 20 pound batch of lasagna in that/those size containers is stretching it way far.

That is me - the same person. I'm at the far right. My recipe.

Just what are you trying to prove? That I stole the recipe from someone else? :whistling:

Attachments

• Me with the Gang at South Pacific Restaurant..jpg
    Me with the Gang at South Pacific Restaurant..jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 178

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
not trying to prove anything.

https://www.facebook.com/Jahvon13#
here's the result
Sorry, this page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

I'm done. stick in the fork if you wish.
should have followed my initial instinct.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Such as?

It was bad enough that you doubted me & the recipe. But then, you STILL refused to believe me, well, that is YOUR problem, not mine.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice lasagna, Shermie.
To heck with the questions and drama about a recipe.
YOUR dishes look wonderful.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nice lasagna, Shermie.
To heck with the questions and drama about a recipe.
YOUR dishes look wonderful.

Thanks!

To be honest, I'm so sick & tired of getting flack & drama from members questioning my integrity with recipes and choice of stand mixers!! :bb:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Shermie, I do our's in much the same way except I lightly brown the sausage and burger in skillets first. WE also use ricotta cheese. We make a huge batch like this and then cut it into meal size pieces for 2 and vac seal and freeze it. Makes a great quick meal when you are too tired to cook much. Yours looks great and I could tear up some for supper tonight.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hey Shermie, I do our's in much the same way except I lightly brown the sausage and burger in skillets first. WE also use ricotta cheese. We make a huge batch like this and then cut it into meal size pieces for 2 and vac seal and freeze it. Makes a great quick meal when you are too tired to cook much. Yours looks great and I could tear up some for supper tonight.

Thanks!

Yeah, I could've done it that way, but it is all going to end up in the same pot anyway.

And for those of you who might like to try the recipe, but don't want to make that much, you can always cut it in half or just make 1/4 the amount, like the little one pictured that I made with the leftover sauce, only because the rest of it, I couldn't get into the large pan.

Either way, it comes out very good!! :cooking: