What's Cooking NCT Sun. 1/12/ to Sat. 1/18/ 2014

Embryodad

Supper was at son Jimmy's house today!
Had a great time.

Roast Eye Round and sliced on the meat slicer machine. Green beans/ peas/ au gratin potatoes/ fried mushrooms / crescent dinner rolls / Brown gravy ...

DIL did a great job.

Tina made Jr's favorite white cake with vanilla flavored butter cream icing.:a1:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yesterday's lunch, another twist on Potsticker Soup:

PotstickerSoup-1.jpg

My dinner was terrible, Bertolli Vodka Sauce (never again) and meatballs over spaghetti.

Embryodad

Wow! Only 2 posts on the thread! Uh Oh!

Todays supper was Hamburgers, sliced and fried potatoes, and corn on the cobb.
I had 6 ears frozen in the husks. Thawed them in warm water, and shucked them, and boiled for 3 minutes. They were awesome.
I had chili sauce on my burgers; because would you believe, we were out of ketchup.
I was the last one to use it, and forgot to tell mommy shopper. My Bad....also, I was a super bad boy! One day long ago, I cleaned the fridge, and threw out all the little ketchup packets that we get from the fast food joints. I hate when they are here and there, and everywhere they fit in the refrigerator. So I got _ issed and threw everyn packet of ketchup and mustard and soy sauce out.

It was too late to run to the store. GD was here, and she was too lazy to run next door and borrow some. L A Z Y ... And she loves ketchup.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sorry, jimmy! if i cooked as i used to, i would post- between pix/cooking, i'm lacking.

Embryodad

sorry, jimmy! if i cooked as i used to, i would post- between pix/cooking, i'm lacking.
I was sort of dropping out myself. Health problems with the digestive functions, and with a tooth extraction and infection, it made droopy out of me.
No desire to even want to get up and cook either.
Coming around now a little better, and I even made pizza the other night since 5 months ago. I don't know about yinz over there, but over here, Friday's in the winter, is pizza for supper. Catch? ....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday's lunch, another twist on Potsticker Soup:

PotstickerSoup-1.jpg

My dinner was terrible, Bertolli Vodka Sauce (never again) and meatballs over spaghetti.

What a lovely photo, Cooksie! A party in a bowl!

Lee

Embryodad

The wife made a great beef stew. Carrots celery, and potatoes.
That and Italian bread with butter!... Ummmmm!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice rich color on the stew, Jimmy! I don't get the "End Up" stick though :huh:.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had a TERRIBLE week and a half!. NO heat for 7 days. The furnace (only 3 months old) died on the first BITTER cold night. We got the run around for 6 days till we got a different guy to come look. He fixed it in 3 hours!! Got laid off today. That's all I want to say about that.

So not much picture taking.

I have a 1 lb prime cut London broil. Not quit sure how I will make it. DD wants sort of a stew type dish. So I think I will simmer with broth and veggies.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, Peep! What a lousy, rotten time you've had!

Glad you have heat back (geez!) and I'm sorry to hear that you've been laid off!

Crummy way to start the new year!

May it get better and better for you now.

Lee

Embryodad

70c1.jpg

One side of the heat diffuser, was more flat than the other side; so I marked the thing for Tina. I love those things for preventing burning.

Embryodad

I had a TERRIBLE week and a half!. NO heat for 7 days. The furnace (only 3 months old) died on the first BITTER cold night. We got the run around for 6 days till we got a different guy to come look. He fixed it in 3 hours!! Got laid off today. That's all I want to say about that.

So not much picture taking.

I have a 1 lb prime cut London broil. Not quit sure how I will make it. DD wants sort of a stew type dish. So I think I will simmer with broth and veggies.
I had no heat on Christmas day either peeps.
It was like that movie of the kid Ralphie "You'll Shoot Yer Eye out! The father working on the oil furnace on Christmas eve.
The house was warm from all the cooking thank God. That late night when everyone left after the food fair, I was down there in the garage fixing it.

Let me guess... ( You got Oil Heat? )...

Sucks with the lay off. Bummer!

With GD... she works part time at Weis Markets ; they cut her hours after the holiday's...from 20/26 to 5 hours a week.
That has her in a _ issy mood. She's out looking for work again. Nobody is hiring.

PanchoHambre

lately due to cold grey damp weather I have been into making slow warm foods

homemade farmers cheese

20140109_015306_zpss7pdukup.jpg

deconstructed chicken soup
20140113_234930_zpsskcyu4wk.jpg

home made sourdough from home grown starter
20140116_234703_zps7lrfhorl.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Pancho, you have gone back to basics!

Would you please start a new thread on your homemade Farmer's Cheese? It's not easy to find in some parts of the country and I know at least one of my friends would love to make his own!

TIA!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
One side of the heat diffuser, was more flat than the other side; so I marked the thing for Tina. I love those things for preventing burning.

I see now...thought it was a chopstick :bonk:.

Dinner last night was chicken on the George Foreman with a creamy tomato sauce (broth, fresh tomatoes, cream, parmesan cheese):

ChickenwithCreamyTomatoSauce.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been trying to shed some pounds by eating healthier.

But sometimes, you just have to have a burger! It was 90% lean ......

Cheeseburger.JPG

..... and I only had half! Discipline! Grrrr! :glare:

Half cheeseburger.JPG

Embryodad

My / our Delicious supper was a Bologna Sandwich.
I made Tina's on lightly toasted white bread, and then buttered both slices, added light mayo on each, and the bologna. She enjoyed it at least.

I had a mouth fight with mine. LOL ..... I had mine on a 8" inch long Italian bread cut open, and filled with bologna folds, and lettuce (romaine).
Then lathered with mayo. ( I know, bologna calls for mustard, and I agree on using rye or a Kaiser roll) On Italian bread or a hoagie roll, I like mayo.
I forgot the onion slices too. It was tasty, but the bread was next day old, and crumbled as I took bites. The bread was the supermarket frozen and baked in store, and the inside was doughy. I bit off some of the bread, and managed to finish it with bites of dough left over. Never again!

Embryodad

I see now...thought it was a chopstick :bonk:.

Dinner last night was chicken on the George Foreman with a creamy tomato sauce (broth, fresh tomatoes, cream, parmesan cheese):

ChickenwithCreamyTomatoSauce.jpg
That creamy tomato sauce looks delicious.
George made some nice chicken there!

We got one of those George Forman rotisseries, and it roasts beef and chicken to perfection.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It is a 3 month old gas furnace.
Thank you Lee. Hopefully will only be a short time.
All the food looks wonderful.
I use farmer cheese in my cheese and potato blintz. I would love to make homemade farmer cheese.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That creamy tomato sauce looks delicious.
George made some nice chicken there!

We got one of those George Forman rotisseries, and it roasts beef and chicken to perfection.

Thanks! That sauce was a helluvalot better than that Bertolli stuff that I had the other night.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My / our Delicious supper was a Bologna Sandwich.
I made Tina's on lightly toasted white bread, and then buttered both slices, added light mayo on each, and the bologna. She enjoyed it at least.

I had a mouth fight with mine. LOL ..... I had mine on a 8" inch long Italian bread cut open, and filled with bologna folds, and lettuce (romaine).
Then lathered with mayo. ( I know, bologna calls for mustard, and I agree on using rye or a Kaiser roll) On Italian bread or a hoagie roll, I like mayo.
I forgot the onion slices too. It was tasty, but the bread was next day old, and crumbled as I took bites. The bread was the supermarket frozen and baked in store, and the inside was doughy. I bit off some of the bread, and managed to finish it with bites of dough left over. Never again!

LOL! Now, if there was ever a classic post written by a foodie, to be enjoyed only by other foodies, this is it, E.D.!!

I love bolony sandwiches, and got a kick out of reading about yours and Tina's (Tina's wins).

I put mayo, no mustard, on mine, too.

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i must concur that jimmy sure can make us :biggrin:. should be a comedian.

i picked over my weekly salad w/ a berry vinaigrette earlier. that salad is made of mesclun/iceberg/spinach, legumes, nuts, 1/2 a boiled egg, gorgonzola/feta, this soy-looking pseudo-cheese, pencil asparagi, & kalamatas, garlic olives, & so on. dessert was sour candy via their bulk candy section. um.

Embryodad

i must concur that jimmy sure can make us :biggrin:. should be a comedian.

i picked over my weekly salad w/ a berry vinaigrette earlier. that salad is made of mesclun/iceberg/spinach, legumes, nuts, 1/2 a boiled egg, gorgonzola/feta, this soy-looking pseudo-cheese, pencil asparagi, & kalamatas, garlic olives, & so on. dessert was sour candy via their bulk candy section. um.
A very interesting well composed salad luvs.
You can make me a salad anytime. So many great different tastes.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Ground Beef, Diced Potatoes and Green Beans over Rice - Jan. 16, 2014

1546320_10201268925874059_350787419_n.jpg

Turkey and Noodles - Jan. 18, 2014

1505437_10201268940354421_93057335_n.jpg