Good Eats..Thursday, 6-11

homecook

What's everyone eating tonight??
I'm still not sure........I'm trying to think of something healthy. Any ideas?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Chicken Panang. I think I had said I was cooking this up earlier in the week but ended up not doing it. Definitely doing it tonight though.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Nicholas cooked at school - we had chilli followed by Eve's pudding. They were both good.

chowhound

What's everyone eating tonight??
I'm still not sure........I'm trying to think of something healthy. Any ideas?

Hey..... I thought you were going to tell me what's on Good Eats tonnight :glare: I'm about do for one of AB's contraption cookers, lol.

No idea. Maybe pasta of some sorts and some home made sauce from the freezer. I've been meaning to test out that parm reg and see if that's what made me sick last week :yum:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Grilled steaks with my mushroom topping, oven roasted new potatoes with white truffle oil, grilled squash and zucchini.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Grill up some Thin NY Steaks, Topped with Mushrooms. Fried Potato's and Onions. Spinach. Strawberry Short Cake.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I am having a pork loin with Bams Porkaholic rub, yes, this is sacrilegious, but, I have to put it in the oven as the weather is berserk today. OMG it smells incredible!!
then I am having squash and some other veggies.

smoke king

Banned
I don't know, maybe throw some burgers on the grill if the rain holds off. Just feeling very......uninspired, ya know?

chowhound

OK. All this talk of steak ya know....
I just took out a thinnish (3/4") ribeye and through it on my magic deluxe defroster thingy. Too bad no spuds, but I've got broccoli and garlic bread. And I have just a little sauce left over from last night's tort pizzas, so I still might cook up a little pasta.

homecook

Hey..... I thought you were going to tell me what's on Good Eats tonnight :glare: I'm about do for one of AB's contraption cookers, lol.

No idea. Maybe pasta of some sorts and some home made sauce from the freezer. I've been meaning to test out that parm reg and see if that's what made me sick last week :yum:

LOL Sorry, at least you know what you're having though even if you changed your mind.

Dh isn't feeling good and ds is still at work. It will probably be tomato soup and grilled ham and cheese sammies. It's a rainy, dreary day.

homecook

OK. All this talk of steak ya know....
I just took out a thinnish (3/4") ribeye and through it on my magic deluxe defroster thingy. Too bad no spuds, but I've got broccoli and garlic bread. And I have just a little sauce left over from last night's tort pizzas, so I still might cook up a little pasta.

Don't you just love that thing?? I use mine all the time.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I changed my mind- Fajitas Tonight. I am going to try QSis Carrots also!

Dinner611.jpg

chowhound

Yeah, I love that thing. I like thawing meat that feels like you just took it out of the fridge.
And yes, dreary day. Can't go a day and a half without rain anymore. At least it's only a steady drizzle and not heavy like they were calling for, but it's adding up.... No wind, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. :^(

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, here it is 7:30pm and I'm STILL AT WORK:waiting:....just waiting for the cafe to close so I can close the books for the week. See..I normally do this on Friday morning but I want tomorrow off:sun3:...
So for dinner I had a personal sized bag of caramel rice cakes which I proceeded to dip into a personal sized package of peanut butter.

Lou is already up for the weekend, so I'm hoping when I get outta here at 9:15 I arrive home to find the hot tub open and a naked guy holding a bottle of rum ....

Love2"Q"

Well, here it is 7:30pm and I'm STILL AT WORK:waiting:....just waiting for the cafe to close so I can close the books for the week. See..I normally do this on Friday morning but I want tomorrow off:sun3:...
So for dinner I had a personal sized bag of caramel rice cakes which I proceeded to dip into a personal sized package of peanut butter.

Lou is already up for the weekend, so I'm hoping when I get outta here at 9:15 I arrive home to find the hot tub open and a naked guy holding a bottle of rum ....

would you be surprised if it wasnt Lou?

chowhound

God I thought I'd never eat... I forgot rigatoni takes 16 minutes to cook.

Attachments

• steak & rigs 6-11-09.jpg
    steak & rigs 6-11-09.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 97

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks great Fred. We had Pasta E Fagioli (from the freezer) with fresh grated Asiago and Parmesan and fresh Italian bread & butter. Peanut butter cookies and coffee for dessert.

DD #2 flew in tonight from Orlando for DD #1's wedding shower on Saturday. She just had a wisdom tooth removed so she still can't chew well. She requested bread pudding because she would be able to eat that. I finished it at 8:50 p.m., and she walked in the door at 9:00 p.m. sharp, and devoured two helpings. Timing is everything (so is luck)!

BreadPudding-2.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I am having a pork loin with Bams Porkaholic rub, yes, this is sacrilegious, but, I have to put it in the oven as the weather is berserk today. OMG it smells incredible!!
then I am having squash and some other veggies.

please let me/us know how it turns out in the oven...i have never used the rub for anything but BBQ

i had this once again:yuk::puke1:for breakfast and supper

mcdonalds.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I still don't have this Camera down, Dinner was great. I didn't get home till 10pm, But Sharon had it all on the BBQ and ready. I didn' have nutmeg for the carrots, but I did have Pumpkin seasoning. That worked just fine!
Thanks for the idea QSis.
005.jpg

That is a Tortilla, with refried beans, Lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, tobasco. Steak fit in the middle of that just right.