What's Cooking NCT Sun. 12/8 to Sat. 12/14/2013

Embryodad

DW was in NYC on a bus trip with the kids. She brought me back a nice Pastrami on Rye. Ummm! A Piece of German Chocolate cake from some great bakery. And two salt soft pretzels.

They had a great time, and the Christmas displays and decorations at Rockefeller Center was really worth the trip, she said.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had a Taylor ham, butter lettuce and tomato on toasted bakery seeded rye with mayo.

Embryodad

Had lasagna spinach roll ups. :applause:
Tina made them, and I just loved them enough to having to pack them in a container and shove them in the fridge so I wouldn't eat anymore.

I took pictures, so as soon as I get them developed, I will post them here! :laugh:

Embryodad

Here are the roll ups ....

Ricotta / mozzarella / spinach filling.
Gosh, they were so good.

Tina made them 16 years ago she said, but I don't remember.
All
I know, is
I shamefully ate three of them.:readytoeat::yum::yum:

bkap.jpg

1rfd.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Baby back ribs, medley of buttered fresh carrots, broccoli & cauliflower, and potatoes fried in bacon and onions. I don't have much of an appetite with this virus, but Mama still needs a meal when she come home from work.

Embryodad

DD was baking cookies and making dough for pressed cut out cookies.
GD and I had Hot Dogs for supper. Oh! And lots of cookies to taste.
She made potato chip ball cookies.

gt4q.jpg

qce4.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Here are the roll ups ....

Ricotta / mozzarella / spinach filling.
Gosh, they were so good.

Tina made them 16 years ago she said, but I don't remember.
All
I know, is
I shamefully ate three of them.:readytoeat::yum::yum:

bkap.jpg

1rfd.jpg

Oh wow, those look so delicious!

Embryodad

Tonight, Tina whipped up a small pot of meatballs in sauce that was left over from the lasagna roll-ups.
For GD, she made hamburger and noodles with cheese ( box stuff ). Kids like that stuff, what can I say!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made a big pot of chunky chicken chili for dinner, and two loaves of egg bread.

Embryodad

Today, the wife was wishing for sloppy Joes.

She made "Cousin Donna's Sloppy Joes!"

1 lb ground chuck
brown well with 1/2 chopped small onion.
drain grease....add 1 can tomato soup; stir and add salt and pepper to taste, then cover and bring to a simmer, and then shut off heat, and let it rest for 5 minutes. Ladle on buns, and enjoy!:)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I haven't decided how yet, but I'm going to cook some cod tonight. Side will be asparagus.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Porterhouse steak (Mama got the tenderloin), twice baked tater and steamed veggies.

Attachments

• Dinner 121413.jpg
    Dinner 121413.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 105

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Nice looking steak Joe. We threw some cubed beef in the slow cooker and made buttered noodles when we realized we only had 2 taters left.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
kitchen sink dinner tonite- antipasto, salad bar, cheeses, fruit,- then a nap. & mochi fer dessert.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Pan fried a smoked ham steak with carrots and baked beans for sides. Splashed a little maple syrup on the ham about halfway cooked and it was great.